Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

Soldato
Apparently he's going to Girona for £500k :(

That's crazy if so. Even at recent performances, it feels there's a young enough player who'd be worth £5m. Hopefully someone like Girona who are well drilled would work for him. I always thought at United it didn't suit him as there was never any co-hesion or movement and he didn't seem good enough at holding the ball whilst having to look around for where people were.

Caporegime
That's crazy if so. Even at recent performances, it feels there's a young enough player who'd be worth £5m. Hopefully someone like Girona who are well drilled would work for him. I always thought at United it didn't suit him as there was never any co-hesion or movement and he didn't seem good enough at holding the ball whilst having to look around for where people were.
Romano reported the deal as a small fee up front, 4/5m euros of easy add ons and then up to 10m of harder add ons.

fez

fez

Caporegime
If we have to take a few years of paying market value for players and not getting them then so be it. The days of throwing money around like its nothing seem to be coming to an end. You can get yourself in all sorts of trouble now and history has shown us that very very few of the mega money signings work out. For anyone. At best you have paid what that player was worth if they fulfil their potential. 80% of the time though you have just massively overpaid whilst creating an almost unsaleable asset.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Romano saying a bid of 50 million euros from Man Utd has been accepted for Leny Yoro although Yoro given priority to Real Madrid.

I swear RM just whoever they fancy and then think "what do we do with all these players". They are a hoover for all the young talent in the world.

Soldato
Romano saying a bid of 50 million euros from Man Utd has been accepted for Leny Yoro although Yoro given priority to Real Madrid.
I was just saying to a mate how this one raises concerns for me… if it’s obvious he wants to play only for Real Madrid, do we really want another Di Maria situation?

I’d much rather have someone fully committed to the club and wanting to join rather than effectively being dragged here, knowing full well their heart is elsewhere.

Last edited:
Soldato
I was just saying to a mate how this one raises concerns for me… if it’s obvious he wants to play only for Real Madrid, do we really want another Di Maria situation?

I’d much rather have someone fully committed to the club and wanting to join rather than effectively being dragged here, knowing full well their heart is elsewhere.

Ye if he going to join Madrid in a year or two its pointless.

Soldato
He could also go to Madrid and end up on the bench more than the pitch at his age. He's more likely to get game time elsewhere.
Real Madrid are excellent at bringing youngsters they sign through, given the 3 cb's that started the most last season will be 33/32/27 at the end of next season he'll have more than enough opportunities the coming season.

fez

fez

Caporegime

There are honestly very few players that won't want to go to RM if they come knocking. Your best hope is that RM have plenty of world class players in that position and they simply don't pursue your players.

Soldato
Not convinced that £40m for an 18yo CB is the best move. Especially coming our of Ligue 1. He won't have "man strength" and that's important in that position. Plus you make a mistake and it's a goal against. Name me an under 21 centre back who could be considered at world level? They obviously don't think Kambwala is good enough to be a deputy which is odd considering how well he did last season when he had to step in.

Looks like the first one out the door. £25m for potentially permanently damaged goods seems like good business.

Last edited:
Caporegime

De Zerbi on Greenwood deal: “For sure Mason’s a world-class player”. “I don’t know his background. No matter the player… once they sign here, they become like my children. I protect them, always”.​

Ah Italians and their morals. Impressive he managed to not know anything considering he was living and working here.

Back
Top Bottom