Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

Soldato
Pleased with Zirkzee, definite potential there and fairly sensible money. Hopefully he'll do well.

Really not much choice out there when it comes to strikers...

Granted i don't know much about Zirkzee but you'd have thought he would've got more minutes in the Euros. Last in the pecking order for Holland out of a not so great selection of players. Seems a bit of an odd signing tbh

Last edited:
Caporegime
Granted i don't know much about Zirkzee but you'd have thought he would've got more minutes in the Euros. Last in the pecking order for Holland out of a not so great selection of players. Seems a bit of an odd signing tbh
Koeman is much like Southgate in that he plays his favourites. Zirkzee wasn't even in the squad until someone else pulled out injured.

Caporegime
Yeah, suppose you better pray that Koeman has missed what he offers, of course possible, happens all the time with top managers. Otherwise you've spunked 40m on a squad player
Well I doubt he's a guaranteed starter, we'll have to see. Also 36m, pretty reasonable for a striker even if he does end up not first choice. Koeman also missed what Jeremie Frimpong offers so says a lot about him :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Frimpong is poor defensively so it isnt like he missed what Frimpong offers...he just plays a more defensive kind of football.

Looking at Zirkzees stats, i dont get the signing personally but maybe theyve seen something. As for it only being 40mil...when you need a complete overhaul its a lot on a player who's a gamble. 14 goals in 58 games at 23?

Soldato
As for it only being 40mil...when you need a complete overhaul its a lot on a player who's a gamble.

That was my thinking as well. Better off putting the 40m towards an 80m striker who will player 50 games a season for the next 5 years.

Edit. Forgot about Hojlund. Errr....yeah maybe the transfer does make sense actually.

Last edited:
Soldato
So, is he a backup or will the guy you splurged 80 million on be the backup?
Different players, different skill sets and the signing of Zirkzee gives a degree of attacking flexibility. I guess he is what is the modern day false 9 and I would expect Rasmus to be the more traditional out and out 9. Last season we had no choice other than play Rasmus regardless of the defence we played against. Belfast Bebe was either sulking somewhere on the wing or when he came central literally could not hit a cows backside with a banjo and Martial was made of paper mache

Soldato
Yeah, its been a bit underwhelming in terms of players making a name for themselves in the tournament and getting a lot of transfer attention as a result, the two standouts have probably been Olmo and Yamal, but Yamal is already at Barca and probably has something ludicrous like a £1 billion release clause. Olmo is more viable for transfers but its not like he is a young player who has burst onto the scene in the tournament. I'm still actually amazed at the stat that there hasnt been a single goal from a free kick in the whole tournament, thats got to be some sort of record.
Chelsea are eyeing up a 100m bid for Cucurella

Back
Top Bottom