Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

Soldato
I am more surprised that we might actually get two players through the door this early on!!!!

If we can offload Greenwood for a decent chunk that would be great too.
Greenwood is now all done and dusted by all accounts, according to Ornstein. 50% sell on fee rumoured.

From The Athletic article:

“The deal is worth €31.6million (£26.7m), comprising €27.6m (£23.3m) fixed and €4m (£3.4m) in add-ons, plus a large share of any future sale.”

Glad to be rid of him. Marseille’s problem now.

Last edited:
Reactions: fez
Soldato
£10m is double what we paid to Brighton
Reported we paid just a little more than the £2.5m you paid, at around £2.8m. Not sure where you got the £5m from, that was the initial payment mumbled but it was then reportedly less than that.

I’m sure I’ll be stung on figures somewhere. But just doubled checked and yeah, no where recent suggests Newcastle paid £5m in the end? It certainly started mooted as that figure, but then dropped by all accounts. As always, happy to stand corrected :)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Dan Ashworth effect, pay more than the release clause for one player and massively overpay for another

God I love AI image generator.

OIG1.TR_4_xATpEo73LkmBGHJ

Soldato
Reported we paid just a little more than the £2.5m you paid, at around £2.8m. Not sure where you got the £5m from, that was the initial payment mumbled but it was then reportedly less than that.

I’m sure I’ll be stung on figures somewhere. But just doubled checked and yeah, no where recent suggests Newcastle paid £5m in the end? It certainly started mooted as that figure, but then dropped by all accounts. As always, happy to stand corrected :)
The only place I have seen a figure given is €10m, which was from the I newspaper written by Matt Hughes, I would think it would be on the higher side rather than the lower side, considering we had him bang to rights for communicating with yourselves whilst on gardening leave. I think we will never know the true figure, manu will want to make it look as low as possible and we will want to make it look as high as possible.

Caporegime
The only place I have seen a figure given is €10m, which was from the I newspaper written by Matt Hughes, I would think it would be on the higher side rather than the lower side, considering we had him bang to rights for communicating with yourselves whilst on gardening leave. I think we will never know the true figure, manu will want to make it look as low as possible and we will want to make it look as high as possible.

Even if it was 10 million that is about 2 home games in revenue. It is pocket change.

Soldato
Ha, we could go on with this for a while. ‘My source is better than your source!’ :D And I agree, it will always be bent and twisted to suit fans and clubs purposes.

My source is The Telegraph/James Ducker for the initial amount you chaps paid.

United had originally been unwilling to offer much more than £2 million in compensation for Ashworth. That was similar to the fee Newcastle had paid to take Ashworth from Brighton in 2022.

Caporegime
Forest signing Milenkovic for 12m from Fiorentina. Feels like he was linked with big clubs for triple that a few years ago! I thought he was pretty good at the Euros.

Man of Honour
£58m for someone in the last year of their contract

He'd either sign a new deal or go to Real Madrid at that point, if he's been identified as a generational talent and a top target, I am happy for the boat to be pushed out to sign him.

As ever, we'll see how he does... age is just a number after all, look at Mainoo and Yamal!

Would be good to get another centre back in though, ideally...

Soldato
He'd either sign a new deal or go to Real Madrid at that point, if he's been identified as a generational talent and a top target, I am happy for the boat to be pushed out to sign him.

As ever, we'll see how he does... age is just a number after all, look at Mainoo and Yamal!

Would be good to get another centre back in though, ideally...
Indeed. Sometimes you just have to roll the dice. I really hope he works out.

I think we may still go in for De Ligt if we can shift Lindelof. AWB is rumoured for West Ham and McT for Fulham too.

Back
Top Bottom