Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

Man of Honour
Last edited:
Soldato
Utd have signed Zirkzee.

We've also sold Willy Kambwala to Villareal for £10m which I'm slightly disappointed about given that we still have Maguire and Lindelof on the payroll and seem to be looking to bring in CB signing (Branthwaite, Yoro or De Ligt). Evans got a extended a year and a young prospect gets shunted out? I expect it's because he hasn't signed an extension and would leave on a free next year plus he wants regular first team football so I empathise with the lad. Supposedly there is a buy back option. £10m is a good deal for a player that is only a prospect. Despite my reservations it's probably one of the better United deals in recent years!!

Soldato
Great news for Southampton with the signing of Downes confirmed he was absolutely essential to the team last season so would have been a real blow not to get him permanently
Some other good business being done as well, Japanese Right back Sugawara looks a good player and had some big club interest
and confirming the permanent signing of Taylor Harwood-Bellis is massive I was amazed we got him on loan last season and feared some shenanigans this summer might see us miss out on his permanent signing!

Still need a couple more players particularly a goal scorer as without that I think we are relegation fodder but certainly a good start!

Soldato
Sounds very highly rated, can't say I've seen him play. There was a lot of interest in him from Liverpool and Real Madrid (which seemed to be his initial preference).
I was really surprised when I saw this just now. Thought Real Madrid would be the only thing on his mind. Perhaps there’s more assurance over playing time and more in terms of wages for him, besides Utd obviously having offered the most to Lille.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
RM will just wait to see how he turns out and then steal him for a pittance in 3 years or so.

That's the worry, but hopefully not. I suspect things will be put in place contractually to ensure we at least double our money or something...

62mil for an 18 year old, really?

£52m, but yes - generational talent apparently, but it's a gamble for sure.

Soldato
That's the worry, but hopefully not. I suspect things will be put in place contractually to ensure we at least double our money or something...

Hopefully he lives up to his potential, though we do have a tendency to stifle transfers (not homegrown) rather than improve them these last few years…

Soldato

That's a massive gamble when I'd have thought you required experience.

Man of Honour
Last edited:

fez

fez

Caporegime

I'm more concerned that he would agitate for a move or simply run down his contract which seems to be more and more common these days.

Back
Top Bottom