Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

Nice business this summer. PSG wanting €70m in one hit initially and we negotiated to €50m + €10m variables.

Cant wait for Michael Owen and the other BS merchants to start peddling we paid over the odds, we paid £60m in one pound coins as is usually the case with Utd transfers

What i find amusing about the chiesa link is that Liverpool twitter are getting excited and yet this is a guy that's missed 100 odd games over the past 6 seasons through injury - over 20 different injuries (in a league know for its languid pace) and you can't bet that those same people will be moaning about signing an injury prone player the moment he breaks down after 2 games - we shouldn't be touching him with a barge pole.
Nearly half of those games are one injury in 2022, 45 games missed due to a cruciate ligament tear. He's missed 11 games last season in total which includes internationals and cup/Europe, hardly exceptionally high numbers.

Nice business this summer. PSG wanting €70m in one hit initially and we negotiated to €50m + €10m variables.

Cant wait for Michael Owen and the other BS merchants to start peddling we paid over the odds, we paid £60m in one pound coins as is usually the case with Utd transfers
Media will do the usual, change euros to sterling, then include the addons to make it £60m. Then they'll convert it back to euros to make it 70m euros.

Surely it's only good business if he's actually any good? If I wanted £10 for some magic beans and you got them for £7, I'd have still had your pants down. Maybe wait until he's actually played before deciding how good the business was and preemptive attacking anybody that might say you've paid over the odds for him.

Media will do the usual, change euros to sterling, then include the addons to make it £60m. Then they'll convert it back to euros to make it 70m euros.
I enjoy the whole "the media is out to get us" narrative. The only people who have "got" you over the last decade are your management. The media report your fees in the same way as anyone else's. They may have been more critical of you over the last few years, but that's probably because your transfer dealings have merited criticism.

I enjoy the whole "the media is out to get us" narrative. The only people who have "got" you over the last decade are your management. The media report your fees in the same way as anyone else's. They may have been more critical of you over the last few years, but that's probably because your transfer dealings have merited criticism.

Except United earn more clicks than any other club in the country. If you don't think the media makes up stories about us for engagement then I have some magic beans to sell you. Sanchez wage used to go up weekly according to multiple media publications.

Regardless, I think Ugarte should be a good signing, and the squad is looking quite balanced now.

Over to the manager, to see what he can get out of them...

Except United earn more clicks than any other club in the country. If you don't think the media makes up stories about us for engagement then I have some magic beans to sell you. Sanchez wage used to go up weekly according to multiple media publications.
Nobody needs to make stuff up about you, you give them plenty of material regardless.

Nearly half of those games are one injury in 2022, 45 games missed due to a cruciate ligament tear. He's missed 11 games last season in total which includes internationals and cup/Europe, hardly exceptionally high numbers.
over 50+ games and over 20 odd injuries over 5 seasons is ridiculously high, the guy is injury prone.

Last edited:
Who does then?

As with most things you may well have been the club with 'more clicks than any other club in the country' a decade ago, but times have changed.

Last edited:
It's a very difficult thing to measure - but I think the majority would agree that Man Utd are the most talked about club (for the wrong reasons of late, admittedly :p)

As with most things you may well have been the club with 'more clicks than any other club in the country' a decade ago, but times have changed.

That source couldn't be more biased if it tried.

Something a little more neutral.

Last edited:
Yeah sure :rolleyes:

1st (and only) pl club to hit 10 million subs on its offical youtube channel
Most watched pl club as per nielson
highest user engagement on social media

Overtook you lot on the pitch and off it, it's the circle of life :cool:
People were talking about media so surely you need to compare number of news articles and comments on them, not YT subs.

The BBC sport section alone has about 90% Manchester United stories. You could say it's because of their performance and that's right to some degree but I bet Chelsea have fewer articles on there.

Last edited:
Even just on this site, compare the number of pages the United thread has to the other teams. Appreciate that's partly due to the last decade but still, it's a massive thread compared to others...

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom