Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

We've completed the deal for Mamardashvili for £25-30m, with him staying at Valencia this season. I think I'll need that extra year to learn how to spell his name.

• Haha
Reactions: fez
I just hope Ashworth is down their only under the pretence of wanting Sterling. But in actual fact is really down there to lure Palmer away by shaking some car keys over his head, or using a Gregg's to get him in the car to take him back up north where he belongs :D

Last edited:
After reading and listening to a few stattos discuss the Chiesa story, I'm much more comfortable with the deal than I was last night. His injury record isn't nearly as bad as I thought, missing just 14(?) games for Juve since the start of 2023 (post ACL) and no injury being more than a couple of weeks or so. The fact that he'd be coming in as 1 of 6 forwards rather than 3 or 4 mitigates the risk.

Now obviously it could go Arthur Melo on us and he'll be injured for a season without kicking a ball but if the rumoured price is true, at sub £13m the potential upside to this deal outweighs the risk imo. And while it's not a glaringly obvious area of improvement/reinforcement, an extra proper pacy wide player probably rounds off and balances out our forward options perfectly. The fact that he can play across the front line is an added bonus too.

Now I look forward to him not signing, failing his medical or getting injured before his first game for us.

Chiesa could be a decent signing, could be a flop signing. Either way, much as the signing of the marmalade keeper it isnt one that raises much excitement from me. I'm pretty much as meh about Chiesa as I am about Marmadishyvishy

Come on, the one thing Chiesa isn't is meh. It could go spectacularly wrong but it's an exciting signing. 4-5 years ago he was probably my dream signing. He's a live wire, full of pace, energy, constantly taking players on and getting shots away. I'm not sure how much of that he's lost but one statto suggested his pace was still there and he still ranks very highly in terms of progressive carries (dribbles) and creating shooting opportunities. Another suggested that he's also far more suited to playing in the PL than Serie A, particularly considering how he's been played at Juve.

It's a fun signing, with a lot of upside and given that we're not desperately short in attack, not a massive amount of risk (at least from a football pov).

Come on, the one thing Chiesa isn't is meh. It could go spectacularly wrong but it's an exciting signing. 4-5 years ago he was probably my dream signing. He's a live wire, full of pace, energy, constantly taking players on and getting shots away. I'm not sure how much of that he's lost but one statto suggested his pace was still there and he still ranks very highly in terms of progressive carries (dribbles) and creating shooting opportunities. Another suggested that he's also far more suited to playing in the PL than Serie A, particularly considering how he's been played at Juve.

It's a fun signing, with a lot of upside and given that we're not desperately short in attack, not a massive amount of risk (at least from a football pov).
To be fair, I didnt say that Chiesa was meh, I merely said that for me its a meh signing and doesnt generate my excitement in me. So perhaps its more a me thing than a Chiesa thing.

Some crappy Arsenal social accounts are throwing out garbage about them being interested in Darwin Nunez and Nunez being interested too. I think they must be high or something.

About as likely as us being interested in DCL which I heard again today.
The constant links all summer to end up with nothing...or worse, signing a player who won't improve us, I suspect we'll end up boosting the squad in January - but we're really REALLY thin up front.

Back
Top Bottom