Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

I used Utd's accounts + bottom end reported figures for this summer. In ETH's first season Utd spent £247m on transfers and up until q3 of last season £214m (there's possibly more if any performance related add-ons were hit in the final quarter). Bottom end estimates for Yoro etc come to £140m. So even before any possible add-ons on this summer's business and any additional fees paid out last season, that's just over £600m and then there's Ugarte to come. Quite remarkable spending with so little to show for it.
I read that as £140m for Yoro and nearly fell off my chair

Supposedly Cheisa wants Barca, if that’s the case then don’t bother why get a player who may not even want us.
I always find this a weird argument. Like it or not, there's a hierarchy of clubs. Despite their recent struggles, Barca remain to many people the pinnacle of club football, along with Madrid. That doesn't mean Chiesa doesn't want to come to us or that he'd be half arsed if he did, it must means he'd prefer Barca.

If I were a footballer, I'd take a place at, say, West Ham, and give my all, even though I'd much prefer to be at a Champions League club.

I always find this a weird argument. Like it or not, there's a hierarchy of clubs. Despite their recent struggles, Barca remain to many people the pinnacle of club football, along with Madrid. That doesn't mean Chiesa doesn't want to come to us or that he'd be half arsed if he did, it must means he'd prefer Barca.

If I were a footballer, I'd take a place at, say, West Ham, and give my all, even though I'd much prefer to be at a Champions League club.
True that’s a better way to look at it

Chiesa is all but done according to last reports coming in now.

For the price it seems very good deal!

A bargain, you can't really go wrong at that fee as you'll easily offload him for more if it doesn't work out.
It all depends on his contract. Listening to Marcotti on a podcast last night that's the reason why Juve are letting him go - 1 year left on his deal and they can't afford to renew him. I've seen some reports, from obscure Italian journo's, stating that we're offering him €7m per year (circa £100k per week) which if true would be very reasonable and really de-risks the deal for us.

Full Bigpig? No we can’t have two :p
I'll hold off until he passes his medical. You just know they're going to find out that he's missing a knee or something and I'll have you and all the twitter mad men saying it was just a trick by FSG to pretend they were going to spend money :p

My brain says don't get too excited but my heart says go full Bigpig.
It's a done deal, someone has updated Wikipedia and everything

Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
2016–2022 Fiorentina 137 (26)
2020–2022 → Juventus (loan) 44 (10)
2022–2024 Juventus 54 (11)
2024– Liverpool 0 (0)

Back
Top Bottom