Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

Hed improve you over every one of your forwards bar Saka but he doesnt play there anyway.
Maybe, but then what forwards do we have? Havertz has done well since settling into the new team, hell, even last season when he had an awful start he still hit the same ratio as Nunez

I quoted BBC
I used Utd's accounts + bottom end reported figures for this summer. In ETH's first season Utd spent £247m on transfers and up until q3 of last season £214m (there's possibly more if any performance related add-ons were hit in the final quarter). Bottom end estimates for Yoro etc come to £140m. So even before any possible add-ons on this summer's business and any additional fees paid out last season, that's just over £600m and then there's Ugarte to come. Quite remarkable spending with so little to show for it.

I used Utd's accounts + bottom end reported figures for this summer. In ETH's first season Utd spent £247m on transfers and up until q3 of last season £214m (there's possibly more if any performance related add-ons were hit in the final quarter). Bottom end estimates for Yoro etc come to £140m. So even before any possible add-ons on this summer's business and any additional fees paid out last season, that's just over £600m and then there's Ugarte to come. Quite remarkable spending with so little to show for it.

A League Cup and Fa Cup is more than 90% of teams and that's what is remembered in history really.

After all the end goal of a football club is to win trophies and that is pretty much it.

Last edited:
Ok, you're not discussing transfers now so you can drop it or start a new thread to discuss whatever it is you're discussing.
A League Cup and Fa Cup is more than 90% of teams and that is what is remembered in history really.

After all the end goal of a football club is to win trophies and that is pretty much it.
It's not 1995 anymore Adam. Domestic cup success is no measure of performance for a top club.

Ok, you're not discussing transfers now so you can drop it or start a new thread to discuss whatever it is you're discussing.

It's not 1995 anymore Adam. Domestic cup success is no measure of performance for a top club.

Perhaps but Man Utd still manage to keep the money rolling in despite being poor by their metrics.

Good revenue plus winning actual silverware. All whilst the football side of things has been frankly terrible.

Perhaps but Man Utd still manage to keep the money rolling in despite being poor by their metrics.

Good revenue plus winning actual silverware. All whilst the football side of things has been frankly terrible.
Money is rolling out a lot quicker than it's rolling in though. Not that long ago Utd had £250m odd sat in the bank and owed other clubs very little in transfer fees. Now Utd have £70m odd sat in the bank and owe other clubs £300m+.

Utd have ****ed money up the wall on transfers over the last 10 years or so, more than even City and have a couple of domestic cups to show and never been further away from challenging for the big two titles.

Oh but a few pages ago it was absolutely fine when there was a two page discussion about who got the most internet clicks

Oh but a few pages ago it was absolutely fine when there was a two page discussion about who got the most internet clicks
There wasn't a two pages of discussion, there were a handful of posts and had it continued they'd have been told the same and in future if you wish to queries these things you're more than welcome to start a thread in FCD or pm me rather than post in here.

I have to agree with Baz, the FA Cup and particularly League Cup are both pretty much insignificant compared to the PL and CL. The games are treated as an inconvenience for the most part.

Getting into the Champions League is far more desirable than both of the cups.

Back to transfers, we really need these latest signings to work out, or I don't know where we'll end up...

Back
Top Bottom