Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

Thankfully it looks like he's off to Salzburg.

I really rate him but having missed 18 months of football, he needs regular football and he wasn't going to get that for us this season. Going to Salzburg, under Pep is the best place for him and hopefully he comes back in 12 months and is ready to kick on with us.

Morton's proposed move to Leverkusen seems to have fallen through. It's still possible that he could move before the deadline but I wonder with Bajcetic leaving whether we keep him around as emergency cover. It's not ideal for him but we feel a tad light in midfield with Bajcetic leaving. There's a lot of talk about Nyoni but he's still very much a kid and is built like a kid too. While I don't think Morton will ever be good enough for us long term (unlike the other two), he's probably more physically ready to do a job in the short term. Not playing for 12 months will kill the value he's built up over the last couple of seasons though.
This is why I think we have to get a midfielder in as we’re letting these go out.

I mean we may still do but I’m not so sure

Arsenal sitting on a pile of cash...or at least 'FSR ability' or whatever you want to call it and we need a keeper and a striker, minimal noise on the striker front though...

Barca reason for pulling out on Bajectic also due to PSR or FSR whatever it’s bloody name is now according to Sky

Why any player wants to go there is crackers I must say considering they can’t register you perhaps along with contracts being worthless since 12 months later they may just bin you off as cant afford you anymore

Last edited:
Arsenal sitting on a pile of cash...or at least 'FSR ability' or whatever you want to call it and we need a keeper and a striker, minimal noise on the striker front though...
One thing Arsenal are not sitting on is cash. Like Utd, Arsenal have burned through a mountain of cash and racked up massive debts to other clubs in last 5-6 years by spending well in excess of what they're generating. Even before accounting for last seasons spending, Arsenal's cash balance has dropped from £250m odd in 2018 to £40m odd in 2023 and net transfer debt has gone from around £40m to £220m odd (+ an increase of £60m odd in non transfer debt).

Arsenal's spending was always going to have to cut back, regardless of PSR rules, because running at a deficit of £90m odd per season isn't sustainable. Yes Arsenal have qualified for the CL again and revenues will have increased (as will their wagebill too) but they're not just looking at not continuing to lose £x per season but will want to eat into that debt and build up their cash again.

Barca reason for pulling out on Bajectic also due to PSR or FSR whatever it’s bloody name is now according to Sky

Why any player wants to go there is crackers I must say considering they can’t register you perhaps along with contracts being worthless since 12 months later they may just bin you off as cant afford you anymore
They only managed to register Dani Olmo a couple of days before their last game and even then it’s only for the remainder of this year!

Still not sure i'm ready to believe it :p
Me either I keep she king to see if it’s confirmed as I’m half expecting someone to swoop in last minute and steal him. He could be the difference that keeps saints up which would make the fee seem very reasonable.

Fingers crossed for a couple more arrivals at the other end of the pitch before the window slams shut!

One thing Arsenal are not sitting on is cash. Like Utd, Arsenal have burned through a mountain of cash and racked up massive debts to other clubs in last 5-6 years by spending well in excess of what they're generating. Even before accounting for last seasons spending, Arsenal's cash balance has dropped from £250m odd in 2018 to £40m odd in 2023 and net transfer debt has gone from around £40m to £220m odd (+ an increase of £60m odd in non transfer debt).

Arsenal's spending was always going to have to cut back, regardless of PSR rules, because running at a deficit of £90m odd per season isn't sustainable. Yes Arsenal have qualified for the CL again and revenues will have increased (as will their wagebill too) but they're not just looking at not continuing to lose £x per season but will want to eat into that debt and build up their cash again.
We have sold quite a bit (if all go through), some of which were 'home grown' players, let a load of players go and not spent much this window. We are also getting improved sponsorship deals etc.

We have money to spend I'm certain...sorry if it's not as scientific as others might post lol

Strange looking chap isn't he.
We have sold quite a bit (if all go through), some of which were 'home grown' players, let a load of players go and not spent much this window. We are also getting improved sponsorship deals etc.

We have money to spend I'm certain...sorry if it's not as scientific as others might post lol
I have no doubt that Arsenal could spend more and certainly be within PSR rules, just like somebody who has £30k of credit card debt but £2k available balance, can go and buy a new tv. That doesn't mean it makes sense and they should be doing it.

I have no doubt that Arsenal could spend more and certainly be within PSR rules, just like somebody who has £30k of credit card debt but £2k available balance, can go and buy a new tv. That doesn't mean it makes sense and they should be doing it.

This estimates we had £94m going into the summer.

Why would it not be sensible to increase your chances of winning the league? We are literally a couple players away...and winning the league will earn even more money.

Last edited:

This estimates we had £94m going into the summer.

Why would it not be sensible to increase your chances of winning the league? We are literally a couple players away...and winning the league will earn even more money.
You're referring to PSR, as I said I have no doubt Arsenal will comply with PSR but on a basic cash/debt point of view Arsenal have very little cash to spend and I cannot imagine they're going to want to keep racking up more and more debt.

You're referring to PSR, as I said I have no doubt Arsenal will comply with PSR but on a basic cash/debt point of view Arsenal have very little cash to spend and I cannot imagine they're going to want to keep racking up more and more debt.
Oh ok, I said FSR not PSR. What Arsenal will not want to do is lose ground on Man City or the others, why spend on players like Rice if you have no intention of going for the main prize...and to get that we need a striker or at least cover for Saka and a keeper.

Back
Top Bottom