Summer Transfer Thread 24/25

Someone best check on piggy, pulled out of the Guehi deal and not looking like signing anyone else.

Well I did say we were already overpaying at around 60ish and would be happy to walk away :D

Parish can go suck a fat turd. He’s nose is that far up the super league 6 arse he probably end up selling Marc to one of them for half the price

Oh ok, I said FSR not PSR. What Arsenal will not want to do is lose ground on Man City or the others, why spend on players like Rice if you have no intention of going for the main prize...and to get that we need a striker or at least cover for Saka and a keeper.
They've got to strike a balance between being as competitive as can be without being financially reckless.

What I think sometimes as supporters we fail to recognise is the challenges top clubs face when it comes to improving their side, at least ones where money is an object. Liverpool's ex head egghead recently released a book and has been doing lots of interviews promoting it and a major part of those have been around Liverpool's caution in the transfer market and he very simply put it that it's very difficult to improve on an already good side (not specifically this Liverpool side) and when you cannot afford to waste money (he mentions that on average 50% of signings fail). There won't be lots of players Arsenal could sign where you could confidently say that's going to improve them. There will be some that could improve them but they become a bit of a gamble and it's a case of balancing the cost with the potential reward.

Well I did say we were already overpaying at around 60ish and would be happy to walk away :D

Parish can go suck a fat turd. He’s nose is that far up the super league 6 arse he probably end up selling Marc to one of them for half the price
You dont sound bothered…….. much :cry:

You can see it now, Newcastle buy Gomez for £60m and we take Guehi for £45 then in January we take Gordon. If Carlsberg done football transfers.

*I don't actually want Guehi and can't imagine Liverpool will look at him. Our eggheads have only ever targeted giant CB's in the past.

Mate I told you we wouldn’t sign him, Parish was always going to string us along, we were stupid enough to fall for it for way too long.

Back
Top Bottom