** Summer Transfer Window 2011/12 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Its fairly funny to me, Tevez did something unthinkable, unimaginable, absolutely without comparison..... Scholes says he's done it, Modric asked not to play games because his head wasn't right, and Redknapp didn't put him on the bench, plenty of players over the summer and the past few years haven't played because their head isn't right, but Tevez does it and its a completely different story.

Tevez wanted to leave, no where near the first person to want to leave a club, the club has somewhat frozen him out since then, fair enough, also standard. The club want to sell him and not at a huge huge loss, again fair, so randomly Mancini decides to cup tie him and prevent any CL club wanting to buy him, because basically only CL clubs will have the money to buy him.

It was retarded of Mancini from the get go, he shouldn't be in the CL squad, he shouldn't have been on the bench, he should have rested someone else and started Tevez in the game before and he shouldn't have taken Dzeko off no matter what was going on with Tevez.

Redknapp manages to get infront of a camera and talk about how disgraceful it is that, what boils down to a player not wanting to play because his head isn't in it, when this is exactly why he didn't play Modric in a few games this season.

People are idiots, Tevez played no part in City losing that game, being able to play in the champs league for a new club in jan, he's worth more money. He hasn't killed, stabbed, drunk driven, got caught with drugs, raped or otherwise commited any criminal act, yet managers think he should be banned from the game, or run out of the country.

He should have played, Mancini is equally at fault for putting him in the team, and the loss is entirely down to Mancini, who himself had arguments with two other players at the same time.

Also thought it was funny, apparently Mancini walked off in the middle of a game over a decision, had to be begged to go back on the field, eventually did, got in an argument with the ref and got a red card...... completely professional behaviour.

Soldato
Its fairly funny to me, Tevez did something unthinkable, unimaginable, absolutely without comparison..... Scholes says he's done it, Modric asked not to play games because his head wasn't right, and Redknapp didn't put him on the bench, plenty of players over the summer and the past few years haven't played because their head isn't right, but Tevez does it and its a completely different story.

Tevez wanted to leave, no where near the first person to want to leave a club, the club has somewhat frozen him out since then, fair enough, also standard. The club want to sell him and not at a huge huge loss, again fair, so randomly Mancini decides to cup tie him and prevent any CL club wanting to buy him, because basically only CL clubs will have the money to buy him.

It was retarded of Mancini from the get go, he shouldn't be in the CL squad, he shouldn't have been on the bench, he should have rested someone else and started Tevez in the game before and he shouldn't have taken Dzeko off no matter what was going on with Tevez.

Redknapp manages to get infront of a camera and talk about how disgraceful it is that, what boils down to a player not wanting to play because his head isn't in it, when this is exactly why he didn't play Modric in a few games this season.

People are idiots, Tevez played no part in City losing that game, being able to play in the champs league for a new club in jan, he's worth more money. He hasn't killed, stabbed, drunk driven, got caught with drugs, raped or otherwise commited any criminal act, yet managers think he should be banned from the game, or run out of the country.

He should have played, Mancini is equally at fault for putting him in the team, and the loss is entirely down to Mancini, who himself had arguments with two other players at the same time.

Also thought it was funny, apparently Mancini walked off in the middle of a game over a decision, had to be begged to go back on the field, eventually did, got in an argument with the ref and got a red card...... completely professional behaviour.

You are missing out one or two wee relevant points here....

Firstly there is a difference between a player going to a manager before a team is selected and saying he isnt right to play and refusing to come on after accepting a place on the bench. Surely thats obvious?

Secondly if we accept what Mancini said re the tactics (as if he has to justify them) the idea was to bring De Jong on for a striker to gain control of the midfield for 5/10 mins then bring on Tevez for a midfielder once that was achieved.

He has already played in the CL so unless he is so stupid that he doesnt remember it, that shouldnt be a factor.

Tevez hasnt been frozen out at all. He asked to leave so it makes sense that the manager has to plan for life without him. Wht has stuck in the throat of Tevez is that he wasnt immediatedly returned to first team action when he didnt leave. What is Mancini meant to do? Immediately restore Tevez to the team, drop another striker then see Tevez still want to leave in Jan? That makes no sense!

Don
It's not a 3 year loan. He's signed a 3 year deal but 2 years will only be activated if he plays 25 games this season, and a transfer fee will also be paid to Liverpool.

Caporegime
You are missing out one or two wee relevant points here....

Firstly there is a difference between a player going to a manager before a team is selected and saying he isnt right to play and refusing to come on after accepting a place on the bench. Surely thats obvious?

Secondly if we accept what Mancini said re the tactics (as if he has to justify them) the idea was to bring De Jong on for a striker to gain control of the midfield for 5/10 mins then bring on Tevez for a midfielder once that was achieved.

He has already played in the CL so unless he is so stupid that he doesnt remember it, that shouldnt be a factor.

Tevez hasnt been frozen out at all. He asked to leave so it makes sense that the manager has to plan for life without him. Wht has stuck in the throat of Tevez is that he wasnt immediatedly returned to first team action when he didnt leave. What is Mancini meant to do? Immediately restore Tevez to the team, drop another striker then see Tevez still want to leave in Jan? That makes no sense!

You always post like this, did I say he should immediately restore Tevez to the team, anywhere? I said freezing him out is understandable and fairly standard when a player is trying to force out of a club. So for the team its better to do one or the other, use him properly, or send him out on lone, or send him home till a transfer can be done.

I didn't realise he came on against Napoli, that gives Tevez less reason not to come on and Mancini less reason not to use him, but is a daft move for a player you're still trying to get rid of.

Realistically its as I said, if Mancini is trying to get rid of him, stop fannying about, if he's a trouble maker, deal with it.

The main point of my post was the horrendous over reaction and the pretending like its the worst thing ever to happen on the pitch and that no one else would ever do it. A top well respected player in Scholes did the same thing, plenty of other players do, Mancini has done loads of unprofessional things in his career, as have loads of players. AS I said, I find it funny that people are jumping on the "I hate tevez bandwagon", where if he picks his nose , its proof he's the most evil person on earth.

You've got one idiot in Warnock saying we should drive him out the country, and another idiot in power saying he should be banned. Its absolutely ridiculous.

The truth isn't going to make a bit of difference. Makes the whole rant just that bit more funnier. :p

Whats the truth of one minor point got to do with my main point, which is the horrendous over reaction to a very minor incident. Keane broke a players leg on purpose, other players punch people, or stamp on them on purpose, other players are convicted rapists, people who have been inside for assault, killing people while drink driving, stealing, fraud, players who fixed matches, Scholes who did the same with zero outcry, other players who do the same but with a manager who has the brains to leave them off the bench to start with, etc, etc.

I didn't realise he had played against Napoli, big whoop, it doesn't magically make everything else untrue or wrong.

Last edited:
Don
Any 'Pool fans know anything about the rumour of Danny Wilson coming to Leeds on loan?

Not heard anything about Leeds but Wilson said himself that he expects to be loaned out. There was a lot of talk during the transfer window that he was going back to Rangers on loan but that's since died down.

Soldato
I was annoyed when Benitez didn't use Aquilani as much as he should, I was livid when The Clown sent him on a season long loan last season, I was unhappy when we sent him back to Italy this season, even though he wanted to go back, but now it appears his loan is actually for 3 years :mad:

http://www.football-italia.net/oct1f.html

from what i've seen of him he seem's to be doing really well in italy, not sure if its the style of play suits him better or the fact hes actually had chance to get his fitness back before being thrown into games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom