** Summer Transfer Window 2011/12 Season Rumours/Signings **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
I also think thats why Rafael/Fabio are being used less, ultra attacking fullbacks help teams balance playing 3 worse central midfielders who get forwards less, when you drop those for quality attacking midfielders and an extra striker, having more solid defenders is more important than ultra attacking fullbacks.... though again strangely Smalling and Jones have been excellent getting forwards :p

Personally think Rafael will come straight back in when his shoulder injury is fully cleared up (no discredit at all to smalling or Jones who have done very well indeed) , the fact Fabio hasnt been playing Im slightly disappointed with as he has always been behind his brother in development from missing so much game time being behind Evra naturally to start with and his own injury nightmare over the last few seasons, but again the stand-ins have done fantastically so no "loss" from the team's poiint of view

fyi it looks like Vidic may be out for a while longer - his thigh isnt healing as quickly as predicted (originally thought at 6 week absense, which its already been)

Last edited:
Soldato
Anderson has a 87% pass completion rate this season

v West Brom - 97%
v Tottenham - 87%
v Arsenal - 87%
v Bolton - 84%
v Chelsea - 78%

Hardly that wayward is it?

Depends on the passes, I could have 100% pass completion if I was only passing to the guy 5 yards away.

Not saying he is bad at passing as we know he can certainly pick them out, but stat don't always tell the full story.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Anderson has been very good this season and his passing has been good too. The occasional misplaced pass is better than Carricks absolutely dire performances of late.

I really hate to see us playing fletcher and carrick together as you know that we are going to be devoid of pace, quality and excitement.

Man of Honour
Anderson has a 87% pass completion rate this season

v West Brom - 97%
v Tottenham - 87%
v Arsenal - 87%
v Bolton - 84%
v Chelsea - 78%

Hardly that wayward is it?

I was thinking of the one out to the left wing that had no-one within 50 yards of it during the Chelsea game. 78% for a central midfielder is pretty bloody poor.

Can you provide the completion rates for Carrick's last few starts please?

Caporegime
Carrick was actually not terrible first half yesterday. That in itself is a commendable performance. anderson and fabio not great. Evra is asked to do so much he basically runs the game from left back as but that's because our midfield don't want the ball and won't take it forward. except for nani.

Man of Honour
I would have thought Carrick (and Anderson when Carrick doesn't play) would have to pass to ful backs/wingers (which are down the sides of the pitch) because that's where the attacks all build? Isn't that why Carrick passes sideways?

Caporegime
No he doesn't come deep enough to do it frequently. we get the ball, pass it to evra ask him to run 50 yards try a one two with young, fail. then repeat. occasionally s failure will lead the ball into the middle where carrick passes back to Jones then to rio, then to Evra again...

Not many occasions do we play it intentionally through the middlemen.

Caporegime
I was thinking of the one out to the left wing that had no-one within 50 yards of it during the Chelsea game. 78% for a central midfielder is pretty bloody poor.

Can you provide the completion rates for Carrick's last few starts please?

Yeah but Carrick pretty much only passes sideways and backwards, Anderson actually looks up the pitch and trys to move the ball that way.

Man of Honour
No he doesn't come deep enough to do it frequently. we get the ball, pass it to evra ask him to run 50 yards try a one two with young, fail. then repeat. occasionally s failure will lead the ball into the middle where carrick passes back to Jones then to rio, then to Evra again...

Not many occasions do we play it intentionally through the middlemen.

That's exactly what I was saying :/

Caporegime
At times we looked like 4-2-4 you cant see it on tv, but for goal kicks and long clearances its obvious we will punt it long simply to cut the midfield out.

we are a direct counter attacking team. I've said this many times, and we are a one or two man team. had it not veena for some utterly wasteful Basel finishing we could have easily been 3-2 Down at half time.

people say we fell asleep in the second well what about the first?!? They had one v ones easily tuck away able chances that let to us having a flattering 2-0 shoreline at half time. infact i text my mum (she bought me the tickets) to say we were 2 up but that Basel had chances and we never make it easy for ourselves.

It looked a penalty to me and i havent seen the replay.

Soldato
Id love to see him throw his toys out the pram going to the first game there or something and just never being payed....

Plus forcing him to go to NI would be very very funny :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom