Summer weather thread 2024

Associate
Edging closer and closer to our heating being triggered again. Peaked at 24.2c last week and already down to 18.6 and is no longer rising throughout the day.

Associate
Grey with Sun trying to poke through.
8 degrees and real feel 4 in July! Absolutely abysmal. This year Is a contender for the worst summer I can remember. Last year was bad. 2016 was Wet, 2012 even wetter. But 8 degrees. I've felt more warmth on Christmas Day.
Heating kicked in this morning again. It's set at 21. Feet getting cramps from the cold. Winter socks if it carries on.

This afternoons forecast is a maximum of 13 and heavy rain with 30-40 mph gusts

Soldato
Lol, it is July and I still haven't had to use my hosepipe yet, despite having 16 square metres of raised beds. half of which are in my polytunnel. By the end of the week my stored water will be full again. On the bright side it is saving me money, but on the down side, garden productivity is right down. May need waterproof trews for my walk to work today. Zoiks. Last year I wore shorts from April to October. The year before that I got rained on walking between home and work fewer than ten times all year.

Associate
11°C here in Northamptonshire and raining, actually had a thin jumper on again. House is still above 20°C.

fez

fez

Caporegime
If this is the sign of UK summers to come then I am 100% moving abroad in the next 10 years. This is bloody miserable. Our summers are crap enough as it is with the humidity and far too much grey sky but this is just a joke. Its July and we have had a generally **** year of weather. Kept saying that we would get a summer when we barely got a Spring. We will be saying "fingers crossed we get an indian summer" come Autumn at this rate.

Soldato
A rather cool 14c-ish here with wind gusts of up to 30mph forecast for later today. Is it winter yet?

Last edited:
Soldato
11°C here in Northamptonshire and raining, actually had a thin jumper on again. House is still above 20°C.

its not all bad in my experience anyway
last week indoors it was hitting 30c and uncomfortable and out walking wasnt that comfortable, now the house is holding a comfortable 20c without heating on and walks have been nicer

Im sure we'll get another hot spell that people can enjoy :p

Last edited:
If this is the sign of UK summers to come then I am 100% moving abroad in the next 10 years. This is bloody miserable. Our summers are crap enough as it is with the humidity and far too much grey sky but this is just a joke. Its July and we have had a generally **** year of weather. Kept saying that we would get a summer when we barely got a Spring. We will be saying "fingers crossed we get an indian summer" come Autumn at this rate.
So long as we have an Indian summer like we did last year, I might be able to learn to tolerate ish the rubbish Summers.

Back
Top Bottom