Summer weather thread 2024

fez

fez

Caporegime
Mines been on quite a few times recently but thats because I have 2 tiny menaces that love to play with the tado smart TRVs and twiddle them. Never off, always up to 25

Associate
Our heating also came on this morning. It's off now and I'm at a toasty 18.6c. Wearing a jumper and slipper socks as my feet go cold first when it's chilly. Had enough. November can't come soon enough for me as there's almost certainly no chance of any genuine summer this year for the UK.

Associate
I only stipulated you can’t moan about it being too hot, moaning it’s too cold is fine, so move along quietly
You said you were fed up of people moaning about it being to hot but then said no moaning thread about the weather not the heat.
I’m starting this thread because I’m getting fed up of reading posts about people complaining of heatstroke every time a ray of sun appears.

So this thread is a moan free zone about the 2024 summer weather (weather of 2022 being a possible exception).

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
You said you were fed up of people moaning about it being to hot but then said no moaning thread about the weather not the heat.
I’m starting this thread because I’m getting fed up of reading posts about people complaining of heatstroke every time a ray of sun appears.

So this thread is a moan free zone about the 2024 summer weather (weather of 2022 being a possible exception).
For clarification I meant you can’t moan about being too hot like you do incessantly, now button it

Last edited:
Associate
Youngest daughter and husband are now locked in their hotel room in Jamaica.
They queued for 2 hours for water and food to take to their room and they have to put their bed up against the door and mattress up against the windows.
Let's hope it doesn't get too bad there.

Caporegime
40mph gusts here..
I'm growing some Monglolian Giant Sunflowers on my balcony in pots that are about 5ft tall

I woke up to one laying across the balcony :( seems the fall didn't damage it much...

I picked it back up and then it went over again before I even finished brushing my teeth

They don't even have heads on them yet lol.... added some water to the pots to try and make them harder to topple....

Last edited:
Soldato
40mph gusts here..
I'm growing some Monglolian Giant Sunflowers on my balcony in pots that are about 5ft tall

I woke up to one laying across the balcony :( seems the fall didn't damage it much...

I picked it back up and then it went over again before I even finished brushing my teeth

They don't even have heads on them yet lol.... added some water to the pots to try and make them harder to topple....

I have one that's currently around 5.7ft on ground but it started to topple over I got a rope to the fence now to hold it , it's got head growing on every leaf

I love growing sunflowers in the summer and seeing how big they get and the insects benefiting from it and use the seeds to feed the birds

Also trying to grow the Red head sunflower but 2 died it's not as hardy with the weather we had but having another try with that currently seems to be growing

Back
Top Bottom