Summer weather thread 2024

Soldato
Oh yeah I know. It may not happen. But nothing left in the UK really with how bad things are. But yes I may run out of time and have to live with it.
Especially with nhs and state pension. If these things aren't available.. There's literally nothing to stay for. Financially or otherwise
My best mate went to Oz when he was in his early twenties, and to this day I regret not going with him.
Middle of their winter now, and it's still warmer and sunnier than it is outside my window.

Caporegime
My best mate went to Oz when he was in his early twenties, and to this day I regret not going with him.
Middle of their winter now, and it's still warmer and sunnier than it is outside my window.

Yeah. It's grim. I'm far too passive on big changes. Moving to Wales was tough. And I had far far less baggage then. But like you said. It's basically now or never.

Tbh I do have lots of options, but a big limit is I only speak English.

Obviously Australia/NZ/Canada is ideal.

Its not even the heat I crave. It's just sun/light and lower population density.

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
whats the height of summer ? 25-30c+ with Humidity when most places aint designed to deal with that heat ?
Should be mid 20’s yeah. The argument for places not being designed to deal with that heat is a silly one. Mid 20’s isn’t that hot and is easily dealt with by such things as light, loose clothing, fans, AC etc. humans need sunlight to survive and prosper. A year with very little sun is not good for health or wellbeing.

Last edited:
Soldato
Should be mid 20’s yeah. The argument for places not being designed to deal with that heat is a silly one. Mid 20’s isn’t that hot and is easily dealt with by such things as light, loose clothing, fans, AC etc. humans need sunlight to survive and prosper. A year with very little sun is not good for health or wellbeing.

my main one is my building its old thick walls , modern insulation so mid 20s is hot when indoors gets to 30c + so loose clothing , fans dont make any difference I can only shower for so long I dont have AC yes I could buy one but they aint quiet , about the sunlight how did / do the people live in places on earth with less light ?

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
my main one is my building its old thick walls , modern insulation so mid 20s is hot when indoors gets to 30c + so loose clothing , fans dont make any difference I can only shower for so long I dont have AC yes I could buy one but they aint quiet , about the sunlight how did / do the people live in places on earth with less light ?
Everywhere has sunlight. Even Arctic regions have very strong sunlight. Last time the sun was blocked out was a mass extinction event that wiped out the dinosaurs

Caporegime
Hi resident arctic circle inhabitant here.
People take the D, buy those daylight simulation bulbs and kill themselves.
Light is almost worshipped here like some pagan god. I've never seen people so fascinated with light fittings and light sources.
People have also heavily adapted to it. Culture basically promotes low light, cave dwelling conditions as "mysigt" Cozy... Winds me up so I've put 5000 lumen flood lights in every room in my house .

Soldato
Everywhere has sunlight. Even Arctic regions have very strong sunlight. Last time the sun was blocked out was a mass extinction event that wiped out the dinosaurs

full-spectrum sunlight still exists beyond the clouds just need to go outside :p you can also get vitamin D from food

Last edited:
Soldato
Health is more than just physical, it’s mental too.

Are you honestly telling me you’d like a world in which we never get some hot sun on our faces?

when did I say never get sun ? I see plenty of light outside now even though its cloudy while not being uncomfortably hot , when you say hot sun on face that doesnt sound comfortable to me :o

Last edited:
Caporegime
OP
when did I say never get sun ? I see plenty of light outside now even though its cloudy while not being uncomfortably hot , when you say hot sun on face that doesnt sound comfortable to me :o
Nah it’s not a burning hot. In the UK it feels like a deep penetrating warmth that releases endorphins.

Anyway, we’ll call an end to this conversation. Too much negativity for this thread, talk like this belongs in the it’s too hot thread.

Last edited:
Soldato
Nah it’s not a burning hot. In the UK it feels like a deep penetrating warmth that releases endorphins.

Anyway, we’ll call an end to this conversation. Too much negativity for this thread, talk like this belongs in the it’s too hot thread.

fair enough but endorphins you can get from lots of different activities but we are all different ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom