Summer weather thread 2024

Associate
Even so you still get sufficient from the sun even behind the clouds :) how do you survive the colder months? If it's so important?
Not if you work nights. I can usually stop taking Vitamin D tablets by May. Just carried on taking them.
And can survive the cold by wearing warmer clothing. But to be wearing a coat in July is pathetic. It'd be Mild for Autumn, but it's Summer so it's cold. It's cold, damp and dreary, my knees hurt, my shoulders hurt and my neck hurts because I'm cold.

Soldato
Not if you work nights. I can usually stop taking Vitamin D tablets by May. Just carried on taking them.
And can survive the cold by wearing warmer clothing. But to be wearing a coat in July is pathetic. It'd be Mild for Autumn, but it's Summer so it's cold. It's cold, damp and dreary, my knees hurt, my shoulders hurt and my neck hurts because I'm cold.

If all them hurt now how do you cope for rest of the year when it's colder ?

Soldato
Wrapping up today and might put the heating on as it is a very dangerous to go out for too long 15°C

Edit: But am not moaning as it is a perfect time to count my collection of old summer photo's

Last edited:
Soldato
In 2003 they said due to global warming the UK would have hotter drier summers.

And wetter winters, and "they" were right.

Avg UK temp has risen every year since (pre) 2003 and winters have got wetter.

The average temperature across the United Kingdom presented a trend of continuous growth since 1961. During the first period, from 1961 to 1990, the country recorded an average temperature of 8.3 degrees Celsius. In the next period, from 1991 to 2020, the UK's average temperature increased by 0.8 degrees Celsius and increased further by 0.3 degrees Celsius between 2013 and 2022. In the latter year, figures remained at 10 degrees Celsius, 1.7 degrees warmer than the average recorded between 1961 and 1990

Comparing 1991-2020 to 1961-90, winter rainfall for the UK has risen by 14%.

They banged on about it being common and expect more of the same

You do get that you can't look at any 1 year and make an assessment. "They" are talking average trends and greater extremes based over decades.

We've gone the opposite and bar one year which was 40c? it's been colder and wetter!

The empirical evidence doesn't agree with your assessment tbh.

Back
Top Bottom