Surviving Mars

Soldato
13 mins for you! :D

Hour ish for me probably :(

Its ok, it will do the job.

I remember when I had to download the Elder Scrolls Online client back in April 2014 for the pre-order weekend, and took me 34 hours to download the client on 2mbit line, losing more than a day from the extra game time :(
(that was before the fiber update in the area).

Associate
I've watched a few videos on this and I lost interest, too much micro management and once everything is unlocked and built I doubt there will be any replay value.

Very similar to Aven Colony, which I think does a few things better.

Soldato
I've watched a few videos on this and I lost interest, too much micro management and once everything is unlocked and built I doubt there will be any replay value.

Very similar to Aven Colony, which I think does a few things better.

I have Avon Colony on my wishlist, but reviews have been putting me off saying its far too easy :(

Soldato
Thoroughly enjoying this.
Last 4 1/2 hours went by in a flash.

My colony is struggling for everything haha, 300% difficulty though.
Going to restart tomorrow with all ive learned, cant wait already!

Soldato

300% noob :p

Here it is around 346%. Russian Oligarch at the competition map :p

How hard can it be...... (without water)
1686a09.jpg

<russian accent>Already from the 11th day I feel home... ohh my lovely Siberia.</russian accent>

20r7cwx.jpg

And I found Beagle 2.....

1p6tme.jpg

(I have a more detailed playthrough with more screenshots on the Surviving Mars Fans facebook group).

Last edited:
Soldato

Yeah off to bed now...

I really like it, is very good fun, but that location where PDX said the competition is, holy crap. (raises the game to 345% difficulty, with Russian & Oligarch setup)
Took me 61 days to build the basic infrastructure up, and while I gambled to have the guys arrive on Mars, the frost hit again (5th time by now and lasts as week).
Water froze in the pipes, and the guys died from thirst. :(
The ground heater is still 30% at research.

Ouch.....

Man of Honour
I started off with the 'easy start' which I figured was the tutorial. It wasn't, but it was a good way to get a feel for the game.

It really is quite a compelling game. The colony always seems to be teetering on the brink. Those milestones like 'am I ready to send up my first colonists' are quite compelling (then they arrive and you realise that you urgently need more oxygen). My first 4 hours flew by.

Soldato
OP
Yeah off to bed now...

I really like it, is very good fun, but that location where PDX said the competition is, holy crap. (raises the game to 345% difficulty, with Russian & Oligarch setup)
Took me 61 days to build the basic infrastructure up, and while I gambled to have the guys arrive on Mars, the frost hit again (5th time by now and lasts as week).
Water froze in the pipes, and the guys died from thirst. :(
The ground heater is still 30% at research.

Ouch.....
That's a big OUCH ! I had a look at the location and thought, *nope, that's not for me* then went and started elsewhere. :o

Although, having 2 small issues. Here is my starting location, as can be seen, should be plenty of things to find BUT...

5q74iKs.jpg

As can be seen there, I barely found anything so far ? Althogh, maybe I been expecting to much after watched the YouTuber's ?? :p Or, come just to think about it, it might be deep under ground resources ?? Unless with my luck it is all on the none scanned side !

K9ErFcd.jpg

The second one is this. My farm for some reason I can only do one shift, if I click on the other it just closes the AM shift and move them to PM. All other places there is a "pause" sign and can be opened or closed without moving the people. Any idea as to why ? Or should I just tear it down and build a new farm and see if it works properly, unless that is the properly way ? :p

uoBKSJC.jpg

Although, saying the above I was a bit lucky with my first, and so far, only breakthrough. That did free up some personal. :p

V3Kj16d.jpg

Soldato
have only been following this recently. picking it up today.

Do you think there will be a multiplayer aspect similar to how sim city lets you multiplayer?

Man of Honour
Just saw a user review saying this is too easy :eek:

We can't be playing the same game! I am only on 112% difficulty. Think I will start again tonight now that I have the basics down.

Back
Top Bottom