Surviving Mars

Soldato
So I only managed to get an hour and a bit on this last night. Selected the Easy Start option just to get into the game and used to everything. Going relatively well so far, starting to build a nice little hub and ready to build my first dome which is great. Only issue I can see at the moment is I haven't found any water deposits and the moisture vaporators only produce 1 per building, which currently is being used to produce fuel. Hopefully I find some water soon.

Just before I logged off I found a breakthrough which will increase my extractor production by 50% which is going to be awesome.

It's one of those games that you can easily lose track of time and hours have flown by without you noticing. Looking forward to getting used to it all

Soldato
I played 50 minutes of it last night. Do like it, has a cities feel however it's crazy it just drops you into the game with no training and expects you to be a pro builder xD

Slowly got the idea at the end however. Seems a lot of the reviews suggesting it should be priced like a indie and not a full game.

Guess we shall see!

Man of Honour
I played 50 minutes of it last night. Do like it, has a cities feel however it's crazy it just drops you into the game with no training and expects you to be a pro builder xD

Slowly got the idea at the end however. Seems a lot of the reviews suggesting it should be priced like a indie and not a full game.

Guess we shall see!

£22 is definitely the maximum I would want to pay from what I have seen so far.

The UI needs tidying up.

Soldato
£22 is definitely the maximum I would want to pay from what I have seen so far.

The UI needs tidying up.

I agree, I bought it for 22 quid and with full mod support I feel that's a okie price. However I can see where there coming from. I do hope the mods start rolling out with bigger domes and such to allows us more complex living places ;P

Soldato
Agreed or maybe a drone rover or bus system that colonists can use.
I really don't like that you need a dome very close to certain resource points in order to mine them.

Soldato
OP
So, made my second dome, plopped down a farm and still have two red X on PM and Evening Shifts. So either I missed something else you need to be able to run 2 or 3 shifts on the farms or it is bugged out for me ?? :confused:

Could anyone let me know if you can have more then one shift on your farms, please ??

Soldato
So, made my second dome, plopped down a farm and still have two red X on PM and Evening Shifts. So either I missed something else you need to be able to run 2 or 3 shifts on the farms or it is bugged out for me ?? :confused:

Could anyone let me know if you can have more then one shift on your farms, please ??

Could you post a screenshot please?

Soldato
OP
Could you post a screenshot please?

Sure, posted one earlier, here it is again. :p As you can see on the info screen, 2 red X for afternoon and evening shifts.

The second one is this. My farm for some reason I can only do one shift, if I click on the other it just closes the AM shift and move them to PM. All other places there is a "pause" sign and can be opened or closed without moving the people. Any idea as to why ? Or should I just tear it down and build a new farm and see if it works properly, unless that is the properly way ? :p

uoBKSJC.jpg

Soldato
Sure, posted one earlier, here it is again. :p As you can see on the info screen, 2 red X for afternoon and evening shifts.

Is not available :)
If you see Quill18 videos, it is there also. Only morning shift for the farms..... Maybe some tech later on unlocks it?
-------------------------------------------------------

Started again on 23N2W location as Russian Astrogeologist.
Decided I wont go down the route of wrestling with Machine Parts and Polymers consumption, while my money is limited.

So solar panels only, which are maintained by metal, and no night shift on the concrete, fuel, scanner and water moisturizer production (again no water area).
That reduces the machine part maintenance to 0.2 per day, and no need to build batteries (polymer maintenance) or wind farms (machine parts maintenance).
-------------------

I do not know how rare tech is, haven't seen it yet, but Domes can have different shape!!!!!

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Maybe it only requires a morning shift and then can be left alone?

Soldato
OP
Is not available :)
If you see Quill18 videos, it is there also. Only morning shift for the farms..... Maybe some tech later on unlocks it?

Yeah I just watched one of his episodes and saw that.

Maybe it only requires a morning shift and then can be left alone?

Seems like that is the case, or if having 2 in a mega dome you could have one morning shift on one and afternoon on the second farm I guess.

Not a bug, only one shift is needed to work.

For some reason I thought I seen YouTuber's having 2 shifts on the farms but I must have got it mixed up with one of the other food growing buildings. :o

On another note, does anyone have problem moving around and viewing the colony/landing site ?? Sometimes when I am panning around it get stuck at ground level view and can't "tilt" it back up so you get a better overview, especially when building stuff. Anyone else experienced that ?? :confused:

Soldato
On another note, does anyone have problem moving around and viewing the colony/landing site ?? Sometimes when I am panning around it get stuck at ground level view and can't "tilt" it back up so you get a better overview, especially when building stuff. Anyone else experienced that ?? :confused:

There is a patch out fixing some things. But use your middle mouse button to change the camera view.

Please note that if you use mods, the background sound is gone, so maybe until is patched next few days don't use mods :)

Soldato
OP
There is a patch out fixing some things. But use your middle mouse button to change the camera view.

Please note that if you use mods, the background sound is gone, so maybe until is patched next few days don't use mods :)
Yeah the scroll works when in upper position of viewing. What happens is I end up along the ground sometimes, not viewing from up and down close, but horizontal along the ground, good for screenies but not so good when building. :p

And mods ?? I not got that far yet, still playing it all vanilla ! :p

Associate

Farms are one shift only ... you just get to choose whether it's an early morning, afternoon or evening shift.

Soldato
I have never made a game mod, even if I am software developer.

Decided to make a filter of what colonist proficiencies you want in a building.
That way you won't have to kick a botanist from a mine until a geologist takes his place.

At least I can give it a try :)

Back
Top Bottom