Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Looking awesome so far, ShadowMan. :)

How do people come up with 30 minutes as a reasonable amount of time to paint a squad to tabletop standard? It's taken me almost that long to pick out all the metallic details on one Chosen model in black. :o

Soldato
Me and ssssh :p

Mum's the word ;)

How do people come up with 30 minutes as a reasonable amount of time to paint a squad to tabletop standard? It's taken me almost that long to pick out all the metallic details on one Chosen model in black. :o

I was thinking the same thing earlier. I spent a few hours adding the shading and highlights to my orks' flesh and painting their tunics. I might just dip them all in a tub of green paint and be done with it :p

Associate

painting space marine tactical squad, or tau (or any plain army) then simple, majority of units I would say 30mins is a gross under estimate.

Soldato
Here's a few photos of the orks that I'm working on. Still my first batch, all WIP and still in need of touching up in areas.

What ever I seem to do, I can never get the flesh how I like it.

Blame image quality on my iphone :o

IMG_01771.jpg

IMG_01761.jpg

defintely room for improvement. They all seem pretty messy to me lol

Last edited:
Soldato
Here's a few photos of the orks that I'm working on. Still my first batch, all WIP and still in need of touching up in areas.

What ever I seem to do, I can never get the flesh how I like it.

Blame image quality on my iphone :o

http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x335/bermingl84/IMG_01771.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]http://i1176.photobucket.com/albums/x335/bermingl84/IMG_01761.jpg[IMG]

defintely room for improvement. They all seem pretty messy to me lol[/QUOTE]

Messy is what Orks are? Looking good anyway :)

Soldato
Subscribed to the MiniWarGaming Vault properly today. Definitely going to prove useful, I think. :)

I really do need somewhere better to work than at my desk. It's not so much a space issue, although more would really help, but having to get everything out every time I paint and then put it away when I'm done is really meaning that I spend less time actually painting. :(

Associate
I always forget to check this thread!

I took was suckered in by the Tau, I per-ordered from Wayland, but they were delayed and eventually shipped yesterday. So hopefully soon. They were the first and only 40k army I collected before moving to Fantasy.

Trying to talk a friend into doing some 40k, but the prices put him off. As it stands, we're organising a fantasy campaign soon which will mean I will finally have to paint my models.
At last count I had near 200 skaven models to do, and a handful of undead to finish. Not factoring in the big units.

Testing a new speed painting technique for the skaven, seems ok. Picture below is a bit crap though
20130413212222.jpg

20130413212247.jpg

20130413212237.jpg

I'm fairly happy with it, consider it took around 45 minutes to do )excluding drying time), and will make it a lot easier to finish my rank and file models. Will spice it up with some of the Forgeworld powders and base it.

Soldato
Dayum...you got any time to come paint for me! That Skaven is looking good! I really need to get this Forge World Fire Dragon painted...no idea what colour I want him though...

Soldato
Right, Finally got a few moments to myself and remembered to do this :D

Best Commander - Shami, He wiped the floor with everyone and clearly studied up on how to make a good all around army
Best Army - Again Shami, His Army dominated pretty badly :(
Fair Play - This is a real tough one as nearly all of my games ended in really close games and I enjoyed them all. I do have to say Newts though, that Ninja Warrior at the end just beggered belief. Highly amusing.

Things are starting to calm down slowly and hoping I can find time to start painting again... Maybe once I get more sleep though lol.

Finally picked up this months White Dwarf... Really want a Tau Army now... they look super shooty.

Associate
Right, Finally got a few moments to myself and remembered to do this :D

Best Commander - Shami, He wiped the floor with everyone and clearly studied up on how to make a good all around army
Best Army - Again Shami, His Army dominated pretty badly :(

I have only really played Shami on vassal but I would have to agree, a great commander and his knowledge of the rules is very good.

Finally picked up this months White Dwarf... Really want a Tau Army now... they look super shooty.

I am fairly certain that is the Tau's recruitment slogan.

Associate
im so glad that i got my order finally from mythreal, build 2 of my kann's over the weekend but unable to prime due to the wind which is a shame as i am really looking forward to painting them. Not looking forward to the battlewagon tho as this may take a while to paint haha. also like the look of your orcs Gooner :D

Soldato
I ended up receiving a duplicate bottle of Flow Aid following an order I made. I pointed it out to them and they said I can keep it, since I was honest about it. I thought that was quite nice. :)

Not that I'm ever going to finish the first bottle... :p

Associate
Dayum...you got any time to come paint for me! That Skaven is looking good! I really need to get this Forge World Fire Dragon painted...no idea what colour I want him though...

That's why I think it takes me so long to paint. Trying to decide what colour scheme to go with. The base coating stage always looks so rubbish.

The skaven was easy, base coat, then lightly drybrushed with bleached bone, badab black wash all over, followed by skull white drybrush. Then ogryn flesh was for flesh, Devlan mud for fur.
Never underestimate how effective drybrushing is :|

Back
Top Bottom