Tabletop Warhammer?

Haha, I'm being tempted, do you use roll20.net for all the d10age and d100age (if I can even remember how to do that...)

Lot to read beforehand though. And never done anything like it...

I've never played it before so you're in good company!

I've played D&D once when I was younger and it was a lot of fun. Get a good group together and it can be fun even if none of you know what you're doing :p

Done:

Space Wolf
Blood Angel
Storm Warden
Crimson Fist
Flesh Tearer

Waiting for a few more parts for some conversions, might try and green stuff a drake scale cloak for the salamander...

Last edited:
Need to buy a carry case as both armies are getting too large to keep without, has anyone used KR multicases before? tempted to just get their cardboard case and foam trays with 200 slots.

KR cases are both cheaper (from memory) and/or nicer than GW ones :) (depending on what you choose).

If you're going to be taking the models far/on public transport/out in the wet the aluminium ones are very good, otherwise the card ones are good for general storage and if you're taking them by car.

What you might want to do is use the "choose by army" option on the KR site to make sure you get the foam with the right size slots, as for example Kroot need a slightly bigger slot than Fire Warriors (largely because the kroot have bigger guns, and are slightly taller*).

I've been using the KR cases practically since they first started and remain very impressed with them, especially now they do the precut custom foam (a godsend for things like tanks, fighters/bombers etc).

I think they've started (or should be soon, I gave up waiting) doing a selection tool that lets you enter in what your army has and it suggests tray sets to get the most efficient storage.

One suggestion though, once you get more than a couple of KR cases it's worth putting something on them to let you remember what's in them easily - I've put labels on the card cases that I intend to permanently store my Tau on for example (I'm up to about 7 card cases and it's annoying having to hunt for the right one).

*I still had to make some minor cuts in the foam for my kroot, basically to stop the stupidly long, spikey guns from catching in the foam/having undue pressure on them.

KR cases are both cheaper (from memory) and nicer than GW ones :)

If you're going to be taking the models far/on public transport/out in the wet the aluminium ones are very good, otherwise the card ones are good.

What you might want to do is use the "choose by army" option on the KR site to make sure you get the foam with the right size slots, as for example Kroot need a slightly bigger slot than FireWarriors (largely because the kroot have bigger guns, and are slightly taller).

I've been using the KR cases practically since they first started and remain very impressed with them, especially now they do the precut custom foam (a godsend for things like tanks, fighters/bombers etc).

I think they've started (or should be soon, I gave up waiting) doing a selection tool that lets you enter in what your army has and it suggests tray sets to get the most efficient storage.

One suggestion though, once you get more than a couple of KR cases it's worth putting something on them to let you remember what's in them easily - I've put labels on the card cases that I intend to permanently store my Tau on for example (I'm up to about 7 card cases and it's annoying having to hunt for the right one).

Im just going for the card case for now, much cheaper and I wont really ever be taking them on public transport or have to carry it far outside.

Have seen the custom sets, they look good but as my army is still growing I will just buy the normal sheets (troop space precut) and cut out what I need for larger units (Like I did with my GW case all those years ago).

Edit: think I have finally found what I want, 160 28mm troops, plus carboard case, £25. Not bad going really

Last edited:
Here's something a little different that you guys might recognise;

6yNuHtz.jpg

Oh yeah! :D

Ah good old warhammer quest, my favourite game from gw. I have a copy inc the expansions, character packs & the fanatic published rules. Wish I had more oportunities to play, but we struggle to get 4 or 5 of us together at once these days

Back
Top Bottom