Tabletop Warhammer?

I havnt bought an airbrush yet, I will be recieving £50 voucher for amazon so I was looking to get one. I wouldnt know where to start with using one or what size I need or anything like that...I am going to look into when I get in from work because its my birthday next week so need to get a list together!

Earlier in the thread someone mentioned this airbrush + Compressor

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AS-186-Co...Crafts_DrawingSupplies_EH&hash=item2eb4bff640

I had a quick look on Amazon and this looks to be the same one

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Airbrush-Co...ie=UTF8&qid=1380898435&sr=8-1&keywords=as+186

Its £10 more expensive but overall will save you some money if you have a £50 amazon voucher... That is assuming its actually any good... Let me know how it goes if you do go for it as interested in 1 myself.

20131004_124847.jpg

WIP Storm Raven + Dread. The brass is just blu tac till I decide what im doing with it.

Your Storm Raven tail fin is on backwards :P

- GP

So just back from my tournament.Came 7th out of 24 so im pretty happy with that.

The scores were your total points throughout the 3 games so although i ended up going 1-2 I had made enough points to get into the top 10 which is far more than I expected.

Game 1 was against a Khorne CSM/Deamons army. We ended up being finished about 45minutes before everyone else as it was short and bloody. He was running Kharn with 3 terminators in a land raider, 3 bezerker squads in rhinos, lascannon havocs, autocannon havocs and another land raider with another bezerker squad in it and for allies he had a bloodthirster and bloodletters manning an aegis. It was the horrible diagonal deployment aswell. So ive played this guy a number of times and like the previous ones I got beaten although it was pretty close. Came down to his bloodthirster got rid of one of my squads from an objective and I was left only able to hold 1 where he was holding 2. The centurions in a raider did pretty well although there was a bit too much terrain on the table so took a bit of manouvering to get raider into position but once they got there they took a bloodthirster, 10 beserkers and a couple havocs. The sternguard were dissapointing as 3 coimbi meltas failed to even glance a land raider but Kharn did Deamon Prince himself which was amusing.

Game 2 was victory points against Eldar and it was 2 wraithknights(1 was his warlord), 3 units of wraithguard with d sycthes in serpents, the flyer with the blast weapons, guardians in a serpant and a unit of jetbikes. So I knew this was going to be a rough game and it was. I managed to easily take down 1 wraithknight with my centurions and then the 2nd one got taken down to 1 wound by my sternguard and then both of them were wiped out by the massed wraithguard fire. I took some bad losses however there was a couple of standout moments. One would be my flamer amd combi flamer on my drop pod tac squad taking out a war walker thanks to the re roll armour pen roll and the rest of the squad gunned down the other 2, the other moment was my favorite of the whole tournament where my Storm Raven flew into his deployment zone then turned the lascannon turrent and fired at his wraithknight killing it and netting me 2 victory points and then a 3rd for linebreaker as the game ended that turn.

Game 4 was another Eldar list however this one wasnt as bad it was 2 units of wraithguard in serpents one of which was wraithblades with axes who didnt really do anything all game. A unit of guardians, a fire prism, 3 war walkers, fire dragons in a serpant and a wraithknight. This mission was relic but the relic itself scatterd 6 inches every turn and you got a point for every one of your player turns you ended within 3 inches of it. It was a pretty fun way to play the relic even if it was basically quidditch. I won this game quite convincingly but I cant really take much credit for it as he was rolling poor and was playing very defensivly allowing me to get into position and do serious damage. Again my Centurions took down a wraithknight in turn 2 and then the fire dragons before getting taken out. My Sternguard did well here lasting 3 turns and taking out rangers and guardians in cover fairly easily and a serpent.

All in all was a great day. Centurions are brutal. More so than I expected really the first game I got my 4+ Cover save for them but I never rolled that power again which was a shame as it really helped. The Land Raider really helped them and for me was really worth it as the raider itself destoyed a chaos raider in game 1 and after then it didnt really do much but even after dropping off the centurions and just using it to take pot shots people still really wanted it dead even though they should have been killing centrions. Iron Clad was dissapointing but I'll keep using him as even if he wasnt destroying much he was tieing up firepower that would be killing other things.

First time using drop pods and playing aggresivly and I really enjoyed it. Took some getting used to as I tend to naturally hang back but now I wouldnt change it. I have a rematch from my first opponent again next thursday using these lists which I am definitly looking forward to

Got a SM combat squad today for the little competition thing happening. Some of the worst mold lines I have ever come across and some rather bad mist casts on one or two helmets, luckily bits box has a few heads in.

Are we allowed to green stuff at all?

Got a SM combat squad today for the little competition thing happening. Some of the worst mold lines I have ever come across and some rather bad mist casts on one or two helmets, luckily bits box has a few heads in.

Are we allowed to green stuff at all?

Kinda surprised because normally stuff from GW is relatively good for mold lines etc. Infact you may he had a good case to return them if there were bad miscasts. The worst I've experienced is in the assault on black reach. The mild lines are freaking terrible.

Still got all my Skaven collection, and a number of Slannesh/Khorne - Beastmen, Chaos Champions, Sorcerors, some Chaos Dwarves. Orcs, and player characters for the original Warhammer Roleplay / Realms of Chaos.

My collection dates back to 1985 to around 1988, I wasn't keen on the newer figures that came out for the Skaven, they made them look more like Wolves than Rats! But Lord Skrolk, Deathmaster Snikch were awesome!

xbiu.jpg
ld46.jpg

Last edited:
If only I had actually fully 100% completed some of the Crisis Suits too!

For first time ever apparently it was split winner. The Nids to the right also won as we tied on public votes and then also on the staff votes to try and break it. They have been left at WHW for the next month or so and currently live in one of their display cabinets next to the shop.

When we were up there on Monday we were all ooing over your Tau :)

Congrats on the win, they are great :D

So started painting a Red Scorpion marine last night as a test for the display project, however as I was painting my mind started to change as I'm not sure a small army in display in those colours will actually look that good.

Might go back to what I originally collected, Ultramarines.

Nooooooo, not the smuuuuuurfs.

LOL, I know I know but I'm stumped for another chapter that will look good. I don't want to paint Yellow, Green or Black as the main colour and I want to stick with one of the big chapters so my options that I could think of were Blood Angels or Ultra's.

Any other ideas?

Red: Flesh Tearers (great scheme)
Blue: Storm Wardens
Bronze: Minotaurs

Could even go for a split scheme like Novamarines or Storm Lords. Have a look at the chapter list on Lexicanum, there's a lot of choice out there.

Back
Top Bottom