Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Finally ordered one of those pens, 0.45mm for scrolls so thanks for that :)

Best way to strip the paint off a plastic miniature? The ex was painting a couple and I'd rather start again, especially since it was the flag bearer, and I could do a much better job! :p

Soldato
Finally ordered one of those pens, 0.45mm for scrolls so thanks for that :)

Best way to strip the paint off a plastic miniature? The ex was painting a couple and I'd rather start again, especially since it was the flag bearer, and I could do a much better job! :p

From what I have read (not experienced), Fairy Power Spray is meant to be really good!!

Associate
I use fairy power spray and it works wonders.

I tend to spray it and let it soak it all up and use an old toothbrush.

I think I could only find it in Tesco for about 4pounds or summit like that, it is in a bright green spray bottle where you would find all the different washing up liquid. I would also wear gloves while doing it, you can see it working as you spray it on the model. And just rinse your model with warm water now and then to see what you are scrubbing

Last edited:
Soldato
Went back to my parents' house this weekend and picked up some of my old stuff. Various first, second and third edition books, issues 180-222 of White Dwarf, about a dozen or so Citadel Journals, Necromunda/Gorka Morka/Battlefleet Gothic/Blood Bowl/Epic rulebooks... :D

Also, my old Armorcast Baneblade/Shadowsword.

Associate
those look pretty cool, but near impossible to do without an airbrush :( will have to stick to my block colour schemes :(

Last night, myself, shami and pudney plus two of my friends finished our first Dark Heresy mission, below are some highlights.
The Acolytes.

Dorn – Silent, shotgun loving arbitrator.
Jericus (Shami) – The assassin with heart.
Magnus (Pudney) – Cold blooded guardsman.
Tybalt – Psychotic, drunken fenrisian guardsman.

During a fight with some gangers, some epic WS failures occur, resulting in Jericus almost being decapitated by Dorn, and then Jericus almost hitting Dorn in the next round of combat. After defeating the gangers, the acolytes have one almost dead man on the floor, his leg a bloody mess. Magnus attempts to interrogate the man, but first decides to punch him in the face, Magnus misses spectacularly, breaking his hand on the solid floor.

After receiving a mission from the chief enforcer of Olranken, the group need to get into the city. They are led to a hole in the city wall, where they devise a plan to get inside. Tybalt is sent forth as a distraction, he walks away with two guards following leaving one guard by himself. Dorn, Jericus and Magnus all sneak up and Jericus successfully slits the guards throat. Jericus searches the guard stealing his micro-bead and Dorn steals his uniform and puts it on.

After entering the city, the group find an area of interest to their investigation and follow some foot prints into another district of the city where Dorn notices a shadowy figure dashing into a building. The group decide to enter so stack up on the door and proceed to enter, they find some creatures in the corner feasting and begin to sneak up on them. On becoming alert Dorn, Jericus and Magnus open fire killing them. After hearing the gunshots two men come out of an office in the building and are confronted by the group. After some talks the group end up killing one of the men and interrogating the other getting useful information for the mission. While this is happening Tyblat is in the corner silently decapitating the xenos creatures in the corner and taking trophies to show the chief enforcer.

The group force the surviving man to show them (what would turn out to be) their end objective, the knock him out and enter the windmill like structure. On the top floor they are encountered by an alien and 4 of the creatures they had slain earlier and Tybalt had decapitated. A good grenade from Magnus see’s the smaller creatures explode in a mist of red, leaving only the larger xenos who charges at the group but is cut down by fire before he manages to reach them. Tybalt then proceeds to decapitate the creature.

Last edited:
Soldato
Got to go pick up the last part of my order at THW on Friday (The Landspeeder with scouts in it), not sure I will be coming out with just that though :D

Back
Top Bottom