Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Cheers. I'll give it a bash and try what you suggested, aceytrixx. I've ordered another bunch of test zombies to test things on so as not to ruin the current horde :) I'm finding them plenty details btw, shami - or maybe that's because they're tiny!

Associate
Audiobook on. Whole army im using tomorrow laid out infront of me to decide what order to touch things up in. Time to get started.

EDIT: Started 3hrs ago and really just kinda messed around with a few things sorted out some weapons and now I get the bright idea to start putting flames on the models. Of course now it actually looks like its going on quite well so looks like im gonna work on a good while longer since I might as well stick to it while im on a streak.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Looks good Acey!

What does everyone use to store their hobby supplies? (Modelling tools/bitz/basing stuff etc) My area is starting to reach critical mass and I think I need some kind of hobby case.

Soldato
Looks good Acey!

What does everyone use to store their hobby supplies? (Modelling tools/bitz/basing stuff etc) My area is starting to reach critical mass and I think I need some kind of hobby case.

Anything my cat can not get into, she likes to steal paintbrushes, sticks, files, and even models she is a right sod some times lol

Kimbie

Associate
Looks good

Looks good Acey!

Cheers guys. Im pretty happy with them and its a fairly quick and easy method so should look good over the whole army.

As for storage I use tupperware boxes and just pile into that. I now have an area beside my pc permanently set up for painting so its not much of an issue. Although my cat will drink my painting water if I leave it out.

Soldato
I have some green plastic draws next to my desk that stuff goes into, one draw is for paints, brushes, pallets and tools. Then the draw below has my models that have been built and are awaiting paint!

@acey - Those are looking sweet!! Keep the pics coming!

Associate
Liking them flames Aceytrixx - subtler than a lot of flames that I've seen, but still add a nice touch to the model. Which paints did you use for it?

Cheers, Its Khorne Red then Evil Sunz Scarlet and lastly Troll Slayer Orange. I just did a base with the Khorne then roughly went over it with Scarlet and then did some Orange at the end.

I have some green plastic draws next to my desk that stuff goes into, one draw is for paints, brushes, pallets and tools. Then the draw below has my models that have been built and are awaiting paint!

@Acey - Those are looking sweet!! Keep the pics coming!

Cheers. Heres a pic of the whole squad.

You can see some of the models were clearly an early attempt to get it right and arent quite as good.

Associate
I use an MDF stand for my Vallejo paints and need to get another for my GW/Tamiya and others.

Brushes tend to live on the desk or on the stand or even in a cheap plastic tool case from a discount warehouse.

Unpainted models live in Really Useful Boxes which also suffice as army transport. Trying to find some cheap sheets of steel I can line the bottoms with as I magnetise all my models and its easier to carry them.

They look good. Did you choose the artistic colours for flames on purpose as GW do them that way? When I do them I tend to do the brighter colours (Yellow/White) at the bottom and build to red at the top where it is coolest.

Eg:

Last edited:
Commissario
Looks good Acey!

I've got some stacking plastic drawer things, and really useful boxes for my bits.

I've tried tool boxes in the past but the bits just tend to get jumbled up, so something with drawers and the really useful boxes work quite well for most things, although greenstuff is kept in an airtight food box (with a drop of water).

Associate
I really need to work on making my list more competitive. Bw nice to pick up a few wins sometimes. Looks like Vulkan and maybe some Legion will be on their way. Possibly a thunderfire.

First turn last night I lost my raider, Centurions and my master of the forge to dark lances. I did kill his warlord in my turn 1 also which was amusing.

Soldato
I really need to work on making my list more competitive. Bw nice to pick up a few wins sometimes. Looks like Vulkan and maybe some Legion will be on their way. Possibly a thunderfire.

First turn last night I lost my raider, Centurions and my master of the forge to dark lances. I did kill his warlord in my turn 1 also which was amusing.

Ouch!! That's a lot of points to lose in turn one!

Associate
yeah it wasnt great. Just the amount of dark lances he had was ripping everything up. I also rolled terribly all game apart from in combat where I actually did quite well. I had 4 marines take on 3 trueborn, 5 warriors and 3 reavers. He lost combat by 2 failed all leaderships and I destroyed his trueborn and warriors while his bikes got away

Back
Top Bottom