Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
I wouldn't worry mate, it can always be difficult to organise stuff like this in this type of format. If there are more people that want to join, I'm happy to extend the date for entries if everyone else is?

Problem is that it gets lost in this thread and the General forum. If it had its own area, it'd be easier to track and follow too.

Soldato
Well I'm pretty sure Acey isn't, and Joel has been awol for a while, I know he was pretty busy so I'd be surprised.

This wasn't even my idea, I'm not organising anything in the future :(

Sadly, only getting busier. I'm not going to be able to paint a Marine (heck, I don't even have parts clipped from the sprues) and I doubt I'm going to find time for the Vassal games, either. I need another 12 hours in the day at the moment. :o

Associate
Yeah that sounds good to me.

What doesn't sound good is the fact I REALLY want to start a heresy army. The more I read the rules in betrayal and massacre the harder it gets to resist. It may become a (very) slow project after I've got my next 40k list sorted out for my salamanders.

Associate
There are some stunning heresy units coming out, I just can't wait to see what else they have in store.

Even just the basic mk3 or 4 marines are incredible. The fact I could have heavy flamer dev teams and the sicarian battle tank. Im going to pick up the recon team to use as my sniper scouts anyway and try and not talk myself into £160 for 30 marines....

Soldato
I hope Shami doesn't mind but thought I would create another post for the competition here. I'll start a list and if everyone who wants to enter can let me know and I will add their name to it then it will be a bit easier to track. The new date for submission is, as Shami has said, the 1st December.

Rules

Tactical or Assault marine (or equivalent for Wolves) only.
No Sternguard/Vanguard/Forge World/special characters etc
No large bases, must be on supplied base but base can be decorated
Figure can be converted but don't go overboard.
Paint scheme must be original (no using current ones), come up with a name and little fluff piece to go with it.

Three awards available, will be based on:

1. Painting (Painting ability)
2. Modelling (conversion, pose, base etc)
3. Scheme (Paint scheme ignoring ability, fluff)

Awards are:

Njal Stormcaller (old version, white metal, OOP, unpainted) donated by Shamikebab
Black Library books tbc donated by Aceytrixx
Space Marine Dreadnaught (new in box) donated by Spuj

It should be something new that you've painted since the competition started. This can't be checked so please be honest :)

Entries to Original Marine Painting Comp

1. Shamikebab
2. Spuj

I take it you guys are still ok with the prizes??

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom