Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
Going to start my own thread here eventually for updates but thought I would add them here anyway.

Quick update with the finished R'Varna. Still basing to do but waiting on more snow.

Adding a group shot of a "few" suits and some pathfinders for scale...

Associate
Absolutely love that colour scheme. Once you've added the darker detail lines between the plates etc the contrast looks great. I recently acquired some Tau, very tempting to strip them and attempt something like that.

Associate
Would an admin kindly remove the question mark out of this thread title? I don't know why, but it really bugs me :p

I don't see the problem with it? I think every sentence or title should have a question mark at the end of it?

Seriously though, do we have to RTM it or will the omniscient admins just know.

Caporegime
Hello everyone,

It’s day three of the Black Library Advent Calendar, and today we have Torias Telion: The Eye of Vengeance, a new story from the Master of the Ultramarines himself… no, not Marneus Calgar (though keep an eye out for more about him later in the month), but Graham McNeill, author of the long-running Ultramarines series.

As the name suggests, Graham has returned to expert marksman Torias Telion, to tell a tale that follows on from the events of the novel The Chapter’s Due and the audio drama Eye of Vengeance.

It won’t have escaped your attention that both this and yesterday’s Ahriman: Hand of Dust are badged as part of the Lords of the Space Marines series. The more astute amongst you may have figured out that this is the theme of this year’s Advent Calendar – the mighty heroes of the Adeptus Astartes, and their treacherous Chaos Space Marine foes.

Last year’s Advent Calendar was great, a fantastic mix of Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000 and The Horus Heresy, but when we sat down to plan this year’s stories, we decided that we wanted a theme. We considered stories about an ogre Santa sneaking down Old World chimneys and eating children, or tales of the presents that dark eldar find in their stockings (I still have nightmares about that), but then we realised that what we all wanted was to explore a few of the named Space Marine characters from the background. Many of them have appeared in novels, novellas and short stories past, but some we are seeing for the first time.

Who are you hoping will get a tale over the course of the month? Let us know on our Facebook page and join us tomorrow for more.

– Graeme, King of Advent (I wish)

That's right. Black Library sat down and came to the conclusion they didn't have enough Space Marine Plot Armour books :p

Associate
Shame these are being called Lords of the Space Marines as I was hoping they would produce more books like the Mephiston Lord of Death one. Maybe they will in the future because its quite a nice slipcase that if they did one for a few chapters could look nice displayed.

Also is this a new story called eye of vengence or just the script to the audio drama?

Associate
Pre-heresy refers to the universe in the 30th millennium rather than the 40th where WH40k is set. This is before, during or just after some of the legions of space marines and their Primarchs were turned to Chaos. The rules for these games are set out in the books from Forgeworld entitled "THE HORUS HERESY BOOK ONE and THE HORUS HERESY BOOK TWO" with a 3rd book to follow.

The updated rules provide stronger units and are not fully compatible with units from 40k as the 40k units will tend to get stomped.

The models and rules for this 30k universe are pretty much Forgeworld only.

Associate
Pre-heresy refers to the universe in the 30th millennium rather than the 40th where WH40k is set. This is before, during or just after some of the legions of space marines and their Primarchs were turned to Chaos. The rules for these games are set out in the books from Forgeworld entitled "THE HORUS HERESY BOOK ONE and THE HORUS HERESY BOOK TWO" with a 3rd book to follow.

The updated rules provide stronger units and are not fully compatible with units from 40k as the 40k units will tend to get stomped.

The models and rules for this 30k universe are pretty much Forgeworld only.

Thanks for that, brilliant explanation. I only recently started collecting again (after a 10+ year break from Warhammer) and I've picked up the last several editions of White Dwarf to get back into it. However, I think I'll focus on building myself an entire 40K army before I start messing about with pre-heresy models as I've no-where near even having a full Space Wolves army yet.

Can I ask if anybody is using the pre-heresy style shoulders and stuff from Anvil Industries in their standard everyday 40K?

Back
Top Bottom