Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
Certainly looks like they've added some much needed models. Obviously it's only a leak not a complete line up, but I can't see a mycetic spore in there yet.

Will be mostly irrelevant to me if they mess the codex up though.

Associate
I have a couple of large egg type models which are pretty basic. Always intended on converting them up to spores at some point, but I have about 1 million models to paint and no time to do it at the moment.

Kind of glad I haven't spent any major time or money on them at the moment.

Soldato
Well looks like my bank balance will be taking a hammering lol

It will be stupid if they get rid of the spore, considering that is how nids tend to get down onto planets

But will wait to see what the dex has, and if no spores, how they write them out of the lore

Associate
That... would be a bit unfortunate for my army, which is currently focussed on deep strike etc. Oh well, wait and see what it brings. If it's bad, I'll just have to concentrate on one of my other 6 armies! :D

They might get rid of the need for a model, but I'd be surprised if they got rid of them completely. I'd expect them to be some sort of option that allowed units to deep strike.

I wonder if the spore is dropped if its because they never made a model but 3rd party companies did.

My guess would be it would have to be a large kit which wouldn't sell enough according to GW's projections. Cynical, but it would make sense. Better to give the nid players another big gribbly to eat the opposition with instead of something that's only a single step up from a terrain piece.

Associate
They might get rid of the need for a model, but I'd be surprised if they got rid of them completely. I'd expect them to be some sort of option that allowed units to deep strike.

My guess would be it would have to be a large kit which wouldn't sell enough according to GW's projections. Cynical, but it would make sense. Better to give the nid players another big gribbly to eat the opposition with instead of something that's only a single step up from a terrain piece.

I know that feeling I wasn't super excited about buying Drop Pods for my army but it would suck if nids got free drop pods and marines need to buy them. I think they should be a model or not in the book.

As a side note I think the Stormwing formation is next on my list after I finish the pod side of things. All 3 coming in at once and the Raven getting strafing run if a Talon is still alive is pretty nice

Last edited:
Associate
I know that feeling I wasn't super excited about buying Drop Pods for my army but it would suck if nids got free drop pods and marines need to buy them. I think they should be a model or not in the book.

As players of the most popular army, you guys are going to get milked for as much cash as possible since they know the buyers are there. You're very helpfully paying for the development on all our xenos updates, so thank you!

They wouldn't really need to write the pods out though would they? Chaos presumably still have drop pods in the lore. Although its been awhile since I've read my chaos codex.

The dreadclaw is still very much a thing although FW has stopped selling it so you'd have to make your own. The superior drop pod if it weren't for the little issue with their homicidal AIs.

Associate
well I am very impressed with Element Games, ordered lizard men terradons and the SM centurions yesterday lunch time and they arrived today :D will definitely be using them in future, not the cheapest but definitely more reliable than other companies I have used.

Associate
As players of the most popular army, you guys are going to get milked for as much cash as possible since they know the buyers are there. You're very helpfully paying for the development on all our xenos updates, so thank you!

The dreadclaw is still very much a thing although FW has stopped selling it so you'd have to make your own. The superior drop pod if it weren't for the little issue with their homicidal AIs.

Haha you are very much welcome. Maybe someday I'll move to a xenos army but I'm too much of an imperial fan. Tried chaos and didn't work out really. I think at this point next year is more likely to be forgeworld stuff like a Fellblade and Fire raptor instead of starting something different.

Or minotaurs...Moloc is an awesome model and a beast

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom