Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
I'm currently thinking bolters to get rid of drones and then hold my Melta gun command squads in reserve if I can until after farsight drops then hit him with 8 Melta guns. Does mean that I will have tactical squads dropping turn 1 instead of them however which isn't as great but since most of what's on the table at that point is Fire warriors and pathfinders they should do ok against them

Last edited:
Associate
Well looking through my Tau and having not played a game for over a month, I think January will be the time to start thinning out the collection. I have far too much stuff to ever use and multiples of pretty much everything.

Not looking forward to that jobs of getting it all listed lol.

Have also picked up another commission for painting a small Carcharodons force. Just 32 models to start but no doubt will get bigger next year once I deliver the first batch.

Associate
Hey all, been a member on here for a couple of months and only just today realised that this thread existed!

Based in London and play both 40k and fantasy if anyone is ever in need of a game. Im gasping for one as haven't played in over a month, think I'm getting withdrawal symptoms.

Especially as Ive been giving a lovely wraithknight for christmas...

Soldato
Nothing for me but did get the Eldar Ghost Warriors box set a week and a half ago for my birthday so still pleased with that :D

Looking forward to the resumption of Dark Heresy!

Associate
i got a pain boy for my orc's and also a mawloc for my nidds....still got a lot to do with my dark eldar and to update my nidds ready for the new release :) havnt done much really latley as been spending most my time on the pc but now i am back to work :( (on boxing day) i wll be doing more warhammer stuff :)

Associate
Hope all had a good crimbo :) back at work today...

I got a manticore for my guard and vanguard for my minotaurs. Just need some milder weather so I can do some undercoating

Soldato
Associate
Todays haul of marines for my crimson fists army

WP_000808_zpsbfae5660.jpg

That's most of what I need tbh, Just one more LS storm, Kantor & a storm raven

Associate
Thats a nice haul. Always liked the Storm model and now it's a dedicated transport is a lot more viable. Sternguard kit is just amazing so much extra bits.

Did this today

First time doing big models in finecast all I had done up to now was the techmarine from the box with the servitors and it was abit of a pain. Had no miscast issues but had a lot of bending to do to get everything to sit right. a lot of it is held with blu tac just now for painting so some bits may look a bit off. Trying to decide how to paint the techmarines thinking about going with red armour although GW seems to be saying is chapter colours with red helmet and pad.

Associate
nice to see people got good christmas hauls, started on my forgefiend today, tempted to attempt magnetising it so that I can swap out the guns. Had a look at my girlfriends centurion kit, those models are awesome and great quality, the parts feel really solid and minimal mould lines. I really hope that is the quality we can expect for later kits.

Associate
nice to see people got good christmas hauls, started on my forgefiend today, tempted to attempt magnetising it so that I can swap out the guns. Had a look at my girlfriends centurion kit, those models are awesome and great quality, the parts feel really solid and minimal mould lines. I really hope that is the quality we can expect for later kits.

The problem I had is that there is one part that's used in both. Is not a major part and you could get away without it but apart from that it's easy.

The Centurion kit is nice but not a patch on the sternguard kit

Associate
Well I got a Command Barge and a set of Wraiths for my new necron army...I also got the battleforce boxset with that deal a couple of weeks ago.

My method was to paint and build as i go but now I want to play them I have just built most of them.

Not sure how to tackle the Doomsday Ark - Build, undercoat and paint in stages?

Associate
Build the rear & gun assembly as one peice. Build the forward struts as another & fit together after painting. It will still clip together for gaming if needs be before you finish it

Back
Top Bottom