Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
nice to see people got good christmas hauls, started on my forgefiend today, tempted to attempt magnetising it so that I can swap out the guns. Had a look at my girlfriends centurion kit, those models are awesome and great quality, the parts feel really solid and minimal mould lines. I really hope that is the quality we can expect for later kits.

Easy to do with magnetising the weapons on the Forgefiend, done it myself.

Think I used 5 or 6mm magnets in the socket of the guns, then sliced off half the ball joint for the other magnet.

Also magnetized the head as well.

I would say however the way the mauler-fiend is built it would be very hard but not impossible to have a dual kit built

Kimbie

Associate
Had my redundancy from blockbusters come through today, so went on a bit of a spending spree at work :D

got me an ogre kingdoms army as Ive been toying with the idea of one for months & I love the stonehorn/thundertusk kit. Not planned army yet but have loads of models to play with. Got 2x battalions, 2x mornfang cavalry, 2x stonehorns & a giant.

Have an idea for a conversion on the giant & am going to try converting up a tyrant & butcher from the plastic ogres.

But for now Im going to read through the army book. Will start a thread when Im ready to start building it all up.

Associate
Never realised quite how big the guns are on those warriors.
As far as the base goes it's looking pretty good

Tried doing a bolter red today as I thought I had seen artwork like that in the past and thought it might add some colour to the model. Not sure about it though

Still need to do a bit of wash in the recesses and maybe try some highlighting etc

Last edited:
Associate
just be careful with it, easy to go overboard as i did on one or two bits.

Cheers I'll keep that in mind when I get around to it.

I'm currently contemplating my next army (next year probably as I'll no doubt want a pc upgrade at some point) and im still getting really drawn to heresy era Thousand Sons. Probably two books to go until FW do Prospero but it was such a great BL book.

Associate
I'm in the opposite boat. I am about to clear a load of Tau out just to pay for my upgrades to my PC lol.

Really must get them sorted through this week. Thanks for reminder! Anyone want any let me know btw.

Back
Top Bottom