Tabletop Warhammer?

Caporegime
Visions is an overpriced glorified catalogue and should be avoided at all cost. The weekly one seems....ok but probably only worth it if you have an interest in what's on the cover.

Associate
Visions sounds like a great waste of time, certainly as a monthly edition. Might have a look at the weekly to see what that's like.

I need to do some more painting, been lax as of late :(

Caporegime
I've actually been really productive this week. My Space Marine is done (just need to do some fluff and take a photo!) White Scar is almost done, just doing the base. Started on the Sons of Orar.

Soldato
Hooray for Apple. They've agreed to refund me. :D

Who did you contact for the refund on the ipad version?

Follow the instructions on GW's website. It's up to Apple to decide whether to offer a refund or not. I said that I subscribed to White Dwarf and that my subscription has been swapped to a magazine that I didn't ask to be subscribed to.

Last edited:
Soldato
I got Visions yesterday and wish I hadn't. Its awful, Absolutely awful. While the pictures are great and its nice to see a larger variety the editing is sub par even for GW. I won't be shelling out £7.50 again for that.

Caporegime
So, I've been out of the loop for a while. What is Visions? :confused:

Remember that content you used to get in White Dwarf? (you know that ageing, outdated magazine that was slowly decreasing in quality over time) Well GW HQ had a meeting and decided that the way to invigorate it was to split the content into a monthly brochure of pictures (and of course the 11 page store listing that no-one has used in a decade and could just be on their website), that costs more than the old White Dwarf (This is Visions) and a weekly magazine that includes the rest of the stuff in White Dwarf but is now weekly so costs over twice as much for the same amount of monthly content!

Smart guys.

Caporegime
Unlike Playboy, I actually bought White Dwarf for the articles. I'd love to know what the thought process was behind this move.

I think the next natural step is for someone at GWHQ to point out that customers can look at pictures of models for free on sites like DakkaDakka and CMON and then GW will issue a cease and desist to every website that has pictures of GW miniatures...

Associate
Unlike Playboy, I actually bought White Dwarf for the articles. I'd love to know what the thought process was behind this move.

What they think will happen:
If we make white dwarf cost £10 a month but over 4 weeks, and do our releases gradually people will spend more money because it won't feel like they are paying out for new releases all at once.

what will actually happen:
Oh **** people have stopped buying white dwarf, ok lets put it back to the old format at £7.50 per copy, because people purchased visions that one month so its obviosuly an ok price point, next we will decrease the number of mini's in each box put the price up and do one release a month. Yes its fool proof. Oh and get Matt Ward to write all future codexes. People love Matt Ward.

(at this point the GW executive does a dose of Obscura, because unlike pudney he is not a pussy :p)

Associate
Do they not realize that most people buy the mags for written articles not glossy pictures which are on the website anyway? What they call battle reports these days is a complete joke

Back
Top Bottom