Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
Looks like you went with the crazy melta gun yeah? That's my plan when I get one.

Just had my first game of the year against my mates tau. Managed to take our his farsight bomb after using 3 tactical squads and a stormraven/storm talon combo. Tabled him turn 4 so that's us at 2 wins to me and 1 to him. Drop pods just gut him turn 1.

Associate
Yeah melta for my first knight. Plan on doing an army of them & possibly doing an imperial guard with chaos allies & a couple of knights so I can do some chaos conversions on them as well

Associate
I think the rules for walkers/MC is broken at the minute and needs a pretty big overhaul. Same with the Wraithknight. I can see the logic of it not being classed as a vehicle but find that gives it an unfair advantage against dreadnaughts/knights etc

Caporegime
The Wraithknight makes sense in that it is made of living material, the riptidee makes no sense.

The problem is the walker rules suck and they backed themselves into a corner with the Dark Angels and Chaos codices so they can't really change things until next edition.

Associate
I agree the wraithnkight make sense, it just gets an unfair, imo, rules boost over walkers.

On another note I'm building a space marine army and so far have been buying stuff I like the look of rather than what is competitive. I've currently got:

1 captain and command squad
2x Tactical squads
1x devestater
1x Sternguard
2x Vanguard/assualt 1 box of each so can be used for either.
1x dreadnaught

I'm not a seasoned SM player and was wondering on thoughts on what to add to the army. Coming from an IG background I'm missing my tanks, though do I actually need them for SM? I often play against Eldar and one opponent in parcticular likes to use a lot of transports and move from cover to cover making him hard to target so I would like to add some manoeuvrability. Is this best added by something like bikes or flyers?

Associate
The Wraithknight makes sense in that it is made of living material, the riptidee makes no sense.

The problem is the walker rules suck and they backed themselves into a corner with the Dark Angels and Chaos codices so they can't really change things until next edition.

I heard next edition could be as soon as May... what would you change about the walker and MC rules to make dreadnoughts/helbrutes viable?

Associate
Please tell me that's not for imperial guard :(

Really can't believe how bad it looks. Was hoping for plastic steel legion but so far nothing.

I agree the wraithnkight make sense, it just gets an unfair, imo, rules boost over walkers.

On another note I'm building a space marine army and so far have been buying stuff I like the look of rather than what is competitive. I've currently got:

2x Tactical squads
1x devestater
1x Sternguard
1x dreadnaught

I'm not a seasoned SM player and was wondering on thoughts on what to add to the army. Coming from an IG background I'm missing my tanks, though do I actually need them for SM? I often play against Eldar and one opponent in parcticular likes to use a lot of transports and move from cover to cover making him hard to target so I would like to add some manoeuvrability. Is this best added by something like bikes or flyers?

I don't use tanks anymore for my marines so you don't need them. I've never used much bikes but they do make a great grav gun platform. Last night I ran a storm raven and storm talon and they did really well for me. My 2k list uses the storm wing formation with 2talons and 1 raven. Land speeders are an option but I find them to fragile personally.

Associate
I can't recommend drop pods enough although it is best to be all in pods or none at all. The only things I deploy are my two thunderfires. Then turn 1 drop my 4 melta gun command squad, vulkan with his sternguard with heavy flamers and two 5 man assault squads with flamers. Works well against certain armies.

Caporegime
I heard next edition could be as soon as May... what would you change about the walker and MC rules to make dreadnoughts/helbrutes viable?

Something that gives them resilience to under strength 8 fire. Whether that's giving them monstrous creatures rules or an invulnerable save against under strength 8 shooting. There is a huge amount of Strength 6-7 fire that just makes walkers pointless at the moment.

Associate

2x Tactical squads
1x devestater
1x Sternguard
1x dreadnaught

I have pretty much done the same with my Chaos, gone for the stuff I like and slightly fluffy in parts instead of competitive lists. My 1k Chaos currently stands at

1 x Chaos Lord (attached to the chosen) (MoK)
5 x Chosen (MoK)
1 x Dark Apostle (attached to the cultists)
20 x Cultists
1 x 10 man chaos Space Marine Squad (w heavy bolter)
6 x Chaos Bikers ( w 2 meltas)
1 x Forgefiend

The other units are all running MoN if i remember correctly which makes the cultists kinda fun :D
Far from a competative list, but a nice varied list :D its more fun this way.

Associate
some scenery I painted up the other night

WP_20140310_01_32_32_Pro_zpsaf430208.jpg

Associate
Not massively keen on the models :( Its a shame as I like ogryns, can give a bit of punch in a counter assault. Also nice to have a variety of models/base sizes on the board :D

Back
Top Bottom