Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
I went into the Milton Keynes Games Workshop about a week before a new edition and they tried selling me Assault on Black Reach. I said isn't a new edition coming out soon and they told me no. It annoyed me because I'm sure he did know, and was just trying to pull a fast one.

Associate
When I went in to my store a couple weeks before sixth the basically said don't buy anything until whatever date it was that sixth came out. They didn't out and out say what was going on (although I knew it was coming) but they didn't try and sell me anything.

Associate
Its interesting that they are still selling it. Normally they seem to withdraw them at least a month in advance to make sure that that sort of thing doesnt happen.

I know they havent been making Dark Vengeance for a while as GW Oxford Street as got them in multiple languages (German, Spanish, Italian - no english ones actually) as they couldnt get any new stock in

Soldato
Quick question about Monstrous cavalry, rulebook says they are the same as cavalry except for 2 exceptions you always use the highest wounds and toughness.

So mournfangs have 3 wounds and their riders 3 does the model have 3 wounds and that it

or

If the mournfangs take e.g. 2 wounds does that put either the mount or rider on 1 wound and leave the other on 3 so when you next take e.g. 2 wounds the one that didnt get hit take the two wounds as the rulebook says you always take the highest wounds.

or

once armour saves have been taken do you then randomise who takes the wounds?

I asked the questions and got these 3 different answers and none of us can decide which it is, i assume the model just has 3 wounds and thats it.

Associate
1. 4ed consolidate in to combat is in
2. If you fail to cast a power you can't cast it the rest of the game
3. Every unit including vehicles will now score
4. Unbound armies may not contest objectives
5. Lords of war are in
6. Escalation and stronghold remain as they are now
7. Vehicles will be harder to kill the chart changes once more.
8. The book will come out in 3 options Art like warhammer visions, Fluff book, and one that only contains rules and that one is about as think as the current SM book.
9.difficult terrain is just -2 inches
10. Wound allocation has changed a bit.not super clear as to how.
11. D-weapons toned down but he was unclear as what that meant so from the sounds of it they will still be super ugly. --

Just read that. If that is the balance for bound vs unbound then that's maybe ok. Psychic power rule seems to be so off that makes me think they are all a bit off.

Associate
I do think bound vs unbound armies could be quite cinematic and exciting however my main issue is with pick up games. Unless you know what your facing beforehand it's going to be a struggle. Perhaps this is just the evolution and games are going to need to be arranged in advance.

Another thing is can you ally an unbound foc with a bound one? Hopefully not otherwise that just allows for ridiculous cherry picking of the best units from another book.

Last edited:
Associate
I'll need to check that out.

So there's a 500pt tournament Friday night and then Saturday at the local GW this is the criteria

I was considering going however I'm now realising I can't take my drop pods or thunderfires.

Currently I'm looking at librarian, 2 man tac squads with flamer and probably a combi plasma and a 5 man Sternguard with 2 heavy flamers which is 385. Now I have no idea how to fill out what's left.

Associate
Quick question about Monstrous cavalry, rulebook says they are the same as cavalry except for 2 exceptions you always use the highest wounds and toughness.

So mournfangs have 3 wounds and their riders 3 does the model have 3 wounds and that it

or

If the mournfangs take e.g. 2 wounds does that put either the mount or rider on 1 wound and leave the other on 3 so when you next take e.g. 2 wounds the one that didnt get hit take the two wounds as the rulebook says you always take the highest wounds.

or

once armour saves have been taken do you then randomise who takes the wounds?

I asked the questions and got these 3 different answers and none of us can decide which it is, i assume the model just has 3 wounds and thats it.

Correct, you use the highest wounds characteristic, not both. Just like regular cavalry its one model, once its taken the highest number of wounds (3 for mornfang), its removed as a casualty.

Associate
I'll need to check that out.

So there's a 500pt tournament Friday night and then Saturday at the local GW this is the criteria

I was considering going however I'm now realising I can't take my drop pods or thunderfires.

Currently I'm looking at librarian, 2 man tac squads with flamer and probably a combi plasma and a 5 man Sternguard with 2 heavy flamers which is 385. Now I have no idea how to fill out what's left.

My current thinking is

Librarian lvl 1

5 Sternguard 2 heavy flamer

2x 5 man tactical squads flamer and combi plasma

5 man assault squad 2 flamers and power sword.

The low points level coupled with the restrictions mean I'm really struggling what to take. I'm still in two minds if I'm going to go or not as I think against a lot of other armies I just won't have the model numbers to survive.

Soldato
Correct, you use the highest wounds characteristic, not both. Just like regular cavalry its one model, once its taken the highest number of wounds (3 for mornfang), its removed as a casualty.

right ok, they really should just give one ****ing stat line, why have one for rider one for mournfang, and multiple wound values. they should have one stat line for the model and state that the mournfang gets x amount of attacks at x WS with X strength.

Associate
The low points level coupled with the restrictions mean I'm really struggling what to take. I'm still in two minds if I'm going to go or not as I think against a lot of other armies I just won't have the model numbers to survive.

You list sounds good to me, what sounds like a largely infantry tournament you have enough fire power to deal with most armies and the two flamers will be useful against ork/nid swarms.

Back
Top Bottom