Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
Yeah I may end up getting vulkan. I'll definitely grab the terminators though been waiting for them and they do not disappoint. Will also get the contemptor aswell. Quite fancy doing an unbound dreadnought list for a laugh.

Last edited:
Associate
So next tournament is in 5 weeks and it's 2000pts, forge world and super heavies allowed. The details will be finalised this weekend after 7th is out but I'm guessing they will allow in bound lists and I'm hoping for the random objectives to be used.

This is 1 idea I'm working on

Vulkan

Lvl 1 Libby

2x 5 melta gun command squad in drop pods

2x 5 Sternguard squads with 2 heavy flamers in drop pods

2x 5 tactical squads with flamer and combi plasma in pods

3x 5 tactical squads with flamers and drop pods

2x storm talons will sky hammers

2x thunderfires

9 pods and total cost is

I think the tactical squads are too small but could be fun to have 9 pods

My other list is similar but with a storm raven and 3 7 man tactical squads with flamers and no combi weapons instead. I think that is the better list but I'm not entirely sure. They storm raven means I can use the formation and the all come on at the same time and the raven gets strafing run.

Associate
Haha I don't think it's that bad really. This weekend I'm using my librarian both Sternguard 3 tacticals 2 thunderfires and my flyer formation to try out 7th.

My big concern with it is if I go all out on troops then yes I have 5 but they are all only 5 man and I lose some anti tank with my raven. If I take less troop choices then the squads are slightly more resilient and I have the raven to take out whatever the melta squads haven't. The melta squads won't last past turn 1 but they are really only there to take out super heavies so even if/when I lose my games then I can claim a moral victory.

Associate
Vulkan looks amazing!

RE above, I worry about taking 5 man squads with any army, let alone sternguards in drop pods... if they don't take out their target, they're not tough enough to take fire in the open and they're expensive.

I like drop pod lists but you have to make sure that you can either take out enough of their army in your first turn to make sure that your guys survive, or hide your guys such that you don't waste their points. All hangs in how your dice rolls go!

Associate
Yeah it is a concern. I'm taking along a couple lists on Saturday both at 1500. One will have 5 man squads the other will have 7 man squads and see how it all plays out. The fact you can score vps just for holding an objective for a turn is what tempts me into multiple 5 man squads. I have more to drop so I could possibly end up grabbing more of them. However I do feel I will end up using the larger squads but it's the thought of 9 pods is niggling away at me so i want to try the 5 man squads.

Currently reading spear of macragge and decided to look up just how many tanks you could put into a 1500 list if you went unbound

I came up with 2 land raiders ( Chronus in one as it's his book that inspired this list), 3 dakka preds, 3 vindicator sand 2 storm talons with sky hammers

Fairly certain it would do horrible on the table but it would be amusing to just drop down 8 tanks.

Last edited:
Associate
They were bb last edition I'm sure. Bugged me aswell but Apparently it's a case of the way they view any eldar life as being superior to anyone else. I also saw someone mention that the eldar have a deal with the dark eldar to help save them from dying out. I need to do more reading on the subject.

Caporegime
Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar and the Exodites will all ally if there is a threat to the Eldar race (for example the Dark Eldar helped Iyanden out against the Tyranid threat.) as Acey says it's a case of Eldar life above the lesser races.

Eldar as a general do not procreate easily, no matter how hedonistic they are.

Back
Top Bottom