Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
its gorgeous. took me 4 hours to build him & he is huge. Have a couple of the mortarch kits coming too, most likely for arkhan & neferata. Give me a good choice of characters to go in my tomb kings army for the end times campaign I'm organising at work

Associate
Nagash progress

Gold is all done

WP_20140901_22_50_17_Pro_zpsb83bee00.jpg

Flesh is done

WP_20140901_23_43_27_Pro_zpsa480c453.jpg

Associate
Went to a second hand furniture shop to pick up a table for a family member, it was a large warehouse type place. Anyway whilst queuing up to pay, a small logo caught my eye from the opposite side of the warehouse.

I went over to investigate further and amongst all the second hand toys and games I found the 40k second edition box set! It was all taped up so I had no idea what was inside.

I took it over to the counter and asked the guy if I could have a look, opened it up and I was surprised to find all the original stuff was there apart from the rule book, codex and war gear book (which was a bit of a disappointment).

The price on the box was £7 after being marked down from £8. I offered the guy a £5er which he accepted and put it through the till (recorded as brick-a-brack).

I got it home and had another look through, some of the cards have been removed from the sprues and the box is a bit battered but I'd hazard a guess this has never actually been used. I was particularly pleased that all the original terrain was still there and untouched.

Anyway I popped on ebay and managed to find the books (all 3 for £12) so it's now a complete set again, can't be many like this kicking around so thought I would share, made me feel about 10 years old again :). Not sure what I'm going to do with it but might hang onto it for a little while and enjoy some of the art and fiction in the books :)

Anyway here are some pics:

200a8d45-dbc7-4323-8ad6-f59372b94be1.jpg

8872dcb5-a7a2-4fe8-b950-3d409e091c3a.jpg

bdbb863e-3df7-41f7-b5d3-de336da17e56.jpg

1c605211-fc6e-44f8-badb-9e551ab98de0.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
^ Nice. I have the rules for 2nd edition and have been tempted to give it a try. I'm told it's quite fun. :p

I saw this video earlier and I have to say, the timing is looking good. I was thinking about getting back into painting and finishing my Eldar and Space Marines, when I find that Vallejo are making airbrush versions of the Game Color range. Could be rather handy. I'm quite impressed by how the metallics look here, to be honest! :)

The extra primer colours could be useful, too, although I'm likely to carry on using either black or grey. :p

Associate
Long time since I posted in this thread. Tau have been updated and collected some more commissions. I'll post pics tomorrow.

In the meantime myself me 3 or 4 others are heading to warhammer world on the 20th if anyone fancies coming down for a beer and a game. We have 2 tables booked including a big apoc on so will be playing a big game all day. It seems to be busy that day but be nice to meet other gamers!

Associate
limited edition run of Space Hulk (re-printed 4th with bonus material), £75 price tag. oh so very tempting.

Edit:

So some people have their white dwarf.

It is a re-release but with extras.

$125USD or €100/£75
English only this time around. No translations
Limited Re-release from the 2009 edition but with
-4 new scenarios
-The box contains new counters (boarding torpedoes, breach counters, damaged control room and turbo lift tiles)Box

Contents
35 Easy fit models
22 Genestealers, 1 Broodlord and 12 Space Marine Terminators.
189 board sections and gaming counters.
1 x Rulebook and 1 x Mission book containing 16 scenarios including 4 new ones.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2014/09/space-hulk-beans-spill.html

Associate
Ohh. Tempting. Although I may get killed by the wife if I buy it. Trying to convince her I need more riptides as forgeworld releasing another variant soon. How many MCs is too many?

Realised I forgot pics too so here are a couple. Nothing special.

Associate
So ignore the super manky wall. The place will be getting redecorated eventually but I've now managed to get a painting area/room. It was the room I stuck the gaming table in but there wasn't that much room really and I need a painting area more

Associate
Blood looks about right for me bearing in mind the model probs won't have direct light on it all the time. Looks about right of arterial blood anyway :D

For me its the trousers that are a bit bright, maybe try putting some sepia on them?

Associate
Yeah its not the best light. I don't think it's as bright as it looks in the photo it's just the blood for the blood god paint. The metal is just leadbelcher then typhus corrosion. It's great stuff.

The trousers are because I couldn't find my khorne red and I used mephiston instead since it was a just a test. I agree though I won't use that in the main army.

Back
Top Bottom