Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
Bah! Not more tau! Seriously though they are looking good. Tomorrow night is possibly the last outing for the Salamanders tried my best to figure out a 2000pt list with what I have available but if this struggles then I'm not sure what's left to try.

What are you running for the salamanders? May be worth allying something in if you find yourself constantly beaten by one army/combination/tactic

Associate
My latest attempt was

2x Meltagun command squads in pods

Lvl2 libby

Vulkan

Sternguard with heavy flamers in Pod

2x full tac squads with melta everywhere in pods

2 Thunderfire cannons

And I tried out the stormwing formation which is two talons (with Skyhammers in my case) and a raven (melta + las)

The flyers are probably gonna go I feel. They just don't do anything really in my experience. I love the drop Pod theme but always being outnumbered against a full army can be a pain.

Associate
Played my first game in over ten years today, 3 on 3, pretty much all new comers or people looking to come back to 40k.

600 point army limit, managed to make a sizeable dent in some space marines at my end of the table, lost 5 fire warriors but took out a dreadnought, and about 9 marines. Impressed by the amount of firepower the crisis suits and FW's can pump out in a single turn!

Associate
My latest attempt was

2x Meltagun command squads in pods

Lvl2 libby

Vulkan

Sternguard with heavy flamers in Pod

2x full tac squads with melta everywhere in pods

2 Thunderfire cannons

And I tried out the stormwing formation which is two talons (with Skyhammers in my case) and a raven (melta + las)

The flyers are probably gonna go I feel. They just don't do anything really in my experience. I love the drop Pod theme but always being outnumbered against a full army can be a pain.

Its either full flyers or no flyers at all. Only problem in losing them would be lack of AA. Have you tried running two ravens instead? I like the stormtalons but I agree, they never really seem to do a huge amount. I also think the assault cannon on the raven is a great idea, will chew through any flyers it comes up against and can use power of the machine spirit to make it shoot a different target to missiles + MM if theyre shooting at a tank

Associate
I love my raven, its won me the last 3 games, one game was one objective each, managed to fly over his killing a squad of 5 marines letting me in the next turn to deep strike some termies onto it while the raven provided brilliant cover fire. Second and third game were purge the alien and it got me so many kill points! I normally take a dread and drop on same turn the raven enters unless needed deeper in the table. Never take anything inside the transport though I find it useless. My talons have taken out a fair few razors and dark elder transports, find them good for flyer and tank hunting.

Associate
Its either full flyers or no flyers at all. Only problem in losing them would be lack of AA. Have you tried running two ravens instead? I like the stormtalons but I agree, they never really seem to do a huge amount. I also think the assault cannon on the raven is a great idea, will chew through any flyers it comes up against and can use power of the machine spirit to make it shoot a different target to missiles + MM if theyre shooting at a tank

I love my raven, its won me the last 3 games, one game was one objective each, managed to fly over his killing a squad of 5 marines letting me in the next turn to deep strike some termies onto it while the raven provided brilliant cover fire. Second and third game were purge the alien and it got me so many kill points! I normally take a dread and drop on same turn the raven enters unless needed deeper in the table. Never take anything inside the transport though I find it useless. My talons have taken out a fair few razors and dark elder transports, find them good for flyer and tank hunting.

I've had my raven do well back in 6th. Although I feel that 7th is now a game of superheavies at least locally anyway. My last game was against two knights and I had some awful rolling as I should have at least killed one but I failed miserably.

Two Ravens is not a bad idea but I don't really want to buy another one. As to what I have available I have 3 grav centurions, land raider, 2 preds, ironclad, 2 missile lascannon dreads an auto cannon dread and a multi melta dread. I also have another full tactical squad.

Soldato
1st model I've painted since over 15 years ago...

Bit concerned that all my Space Wolves are 90's and so a little irrelevant nowadays!

e.g. my Blood Claws came as a set of 10 without jump packs but from what I understand, these are essentially jump pack troops in 7th edition? Also all my models seemed to have come with mostly power weapons yet you're only allowed 2 per squad of 10?

29vf705.jpg

Associate
I've had my raven do well back in 6th. Although I feel that 7th is now a game of superheavies at least locally anyway. My last game was against two knights and I had some awful rolling as I should have at least killed one but I failed miserably.

Two Ravens is not a bad idea but I don't really want to buy another one. As to what I have available I have 3 grav centurions, land raider, 2 preds, ironclad, 2 missile lascannon dreads an auto cannon dread and a multi melta dread. I also have another full tactical squad.

Super heavies biggest weakness is aircraft though as most have ordinance weapons which can't hit them. Interestingly I've also had mixed problems with flyers, but only certain ones since 7th, especially my crimson hunter, can't seem to kill anything!

Ive found dreads under performing at the moment, unless you're playing Iron Hands where they are beasts (IWND and hundreds of them), so of those things, id go heavy armour to give redundancy/target priority issues.

@pioneer, loving the paint scheme, but as above, termies need to be on a bigger base now!

Associate
Been toying with it for awhile and become bored playing Marines and incredibly bored painting them. Painting ogres has revitalised my painting so want to get away from painting any kind of vehicles or power armour so that kinda only leaves Nids which with big monstrous creatures I've never used and expendable little bugs could be intriguing to try.

Back
Top Bottom