Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
Hi Guys!

After some advice, i have been pondering on building up an imperial guard army (cadian)

I know Games workshop themselves are a little price heavy so any recommendations on how to build a fairly large force 1500-2000 points and will require all utilities brushes/paints etc etc :)

any advice would be most welcome

Soldato
It just depends where you intend to play, if you want to play at GW stores or tournaments you need GW models, in which case start scouring eBay, otherwise you could use perhaps mantic for cheap guardsmen.

Associate

So this happened last night. Ill still need to sort out sabretusks but there's no rush for them. Should be Monday I start getting down to work as I have to go the girlfriends parents this weekend.....

EDIT: This came this morning

And it really is the most beautiful book GW have ever put out.

Associate
Nagash WIP currently sat on my shelf at work

WP_20140928_16_44_51_Pro_zpsaed3f2de.jpg

& neferata, just needs some grass tufts on her base & she is complete

WP_20140928_16_45_01_Pro_zpsc2e1b4a5.jpg

Associate
Hi Guys!

After some advice, i have been pondering on building up an imperial guard army (cadian)

I know Games workshop themselves are a little price heavy so any recommendations on how to build a fairly large force 1500-2000 points and will require all utilities brushes/paints etc etc :)

any advice would be most welcome

I have a lot of the plastic cadian stuff enough to form the base of your force. Pm me if you want :)

Associate
Just finished painting up Krell for my undead legion. Just the base to finish but need to wait till the texture paint is dry

WP_20141013_01_25_56_Pro_zps6c9fa234.jpg

Krell is for the Undead legion Armies on parade board I am working on for the shop

WP_20141012_16_31_47_Pro_zpsd24f684d.jpg

Still got plenty to do on the board over the next 2 weeks, but should be able to get it done for 25th

Associate
Just found out a GW store has opened up in my local town! Finally somewhere to play and meet a few other players, popping in next week for a couple of refresher games with one of the staff.

It's been a long time since I've played, scouring through eBay for tau models at the minute, dam it's got a lot more pricey!

Reading through the 7th edition rules (believe this to be the newest set) and the newest tau codex, going paint shopping Wednesday, hope my skills may improve now I have a bit of time to invest in painting!

Only really been playing necromunda with my brother for the last few years, bee nice to get something on a larger scale going!

Last edited:
Associate
Nearly done my first Super Heavy. Just basing and transfers to complete it.

Took a pic of my air wing and nearly done them all. Going to try and finish all the bases and the final Remora drone this week so they are complete.

I really do need a better camera...

Soldato
Nearly done my first Super Heavy. Just basing and transfers to complete it.

Took a pic of my air wing and nearly done them all. Going to try and finish all the bases and the final Remora drone this week so they are complete.

I really do need a better camera...

Dear GW please can my Tyranids get lots and lots of Skyfire k thnk bye :)

Associate
So grabbed a few bits to start a tau army, just doing a 600point army for the bootcamp at my local GW, not played an GW games for about 10 years.

Forgot how enjoyable painting was :)

j9aK7jk.jpg

t7Pa1nP.jpg

Q6DNjOy.jpg

Just doing some base coating and a few layers, need to grab a few more paints for washes and such.

Associate
Bah! Not more tau! Seriously though they are looking good. Tomorrow night is possibly the last outing for the Salamanders tried my best to figure out a 2000pt list with what I have available but if this struggles then I'm not sure what's left to try.

Back
Top Bottom