Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
Got another tournament game coming up Friday, Either fighting Grey Knights or Blood Angels.

Current list I'm running is:

Ethereal - 50p

8 Man FW squad 72p
8 Man FW squad 72p
(both of these are all rifles and no other upgrades)

Crisis team 109p
2 Suits with Twin linked missile pod and plasma rifle

Crisis team 2 171p
3 Suits with Twin linked fusion blasters and plasma rifles

6 Man pathfinder team 1 with rail 81p

1 Broadside - TL Rail - Smart Missile System 65p

1 Hammerhead - Rail Cannon with submunitions 130p

Total 750p's

Limit is 750 points, anyone recommend any changes? got most units available.

Associate
Arguably rail rifles are a waste in pathfinders because you generally only want to use your market lights with them but unless you can do anything with the points. The other thing is potentially swapping your broadside for all missiles I've seen many people have great success with them.

Associate
The outpost. They have 20% all products and free postage over £50. It's my local independent but also a good mail order company

Just search for "the outpost Sheffield"

Associate
Just been looking for this, can't find it anywhere except GW either. I need to pick up the 7th rules at some point, I may just have to buy *another* dark vengeance instead if I can't get this at a reasonable price.

Associate
Price wise:

Captain £12-15
Dreadnaught £28
Terminators: £28
Death Company £25

Broodlord: £12-15
Carnefex: £32.50
Genestealers: £18
Warriors: £31

Rulebook: £25-35

That's pretty much £200 of stuff for £75. I know GW have a bad rep for pricing but some of the recent sets/bundles have been pretty decent

Associate
Got another tournament game coming up Friday, Either fighting Grey Knights or Blood Angels.

Current list I'm running is:

Ethereal - 50p

8 Man FW squad 72p
8 Man FW squad 72p
(both of these are all rifles and no other upgrades)

Crisis team 109p
2 Suits with Twin linked missile pod and plasma rifle

Crisis team 2 171p
3 Suits with Twin linked fusion blasters and plasma rifles

6 Man pathfinder team 1 with rail 81p

1 Broadside - TL Rail - Smart Missile System 65p

1 Hammerhead - Rail Cannon with submunitions 130p

Total 750p's

Limit is 750 points, anyone recommend any changes? got most units available.

How did the tournament go?

Associate
How did the tournament go?

Had to have a massive swap around with points, as its part of a large planetary campaign (using the hex tiles) lots of territory's were taken by imperium the week before so I had to drop down to 600 points, but had to roll a 4+ to give one unit in my chart any rule from the special rules. Ended up giving a squad of fire warriors destroyer weapons :)

Was playing against wolves, he destroyed nearly 3 quarters of my chart purely in close combat, but my ethereal did its work and helped to through out enough shots till give me a 5-3 win on victory points, nabbed slay the warlord and first blood early on. Playing again Friday think my opponent is playing grey Knights :s

Associate
Got a rematch tonight with the guy I played a week or two ago, going to swap my list around a bit possibly put my lord on a bike with MoN instead of MoK and drop in a hellbrute instead of raptors or instead of havocs, if i take raptors I will probably just start them on the table in cover and pounce them once someone gets in range as the (deep striking) raptor squad just became a very expensive Lord delivery system, even though my Lord did a good amount of damage the raptors where next to useless.

What are people opinions on squads like havocs, a purely heavy weapon squad, they are quite expensive for a squad that has to stay largely still but the fire power is useful providing they don't have to move.

Associate
well I lost again 7-5, so much closer than my previous game but again my Lord scored most of those. Forgefiend survived the first round this time which was nice and kept his units busy long enough for a few sneaky cultists to get line breaker at the end.

My chaos lord w/ raptors once again made his points back and then some, eliminated a dev squad, scout squad, some Space marines and ezekial himself.

I really need to actually refine my list, maybe run two forge/mauler fiends and another squad of CSM at a minimum.

All in all a fun game :)

Back
Top Bottom