Tabletop Warhammer?

Thoroughly enjoying the new Blood Angels bits, couple of Death Company done as well now!

Y7CAmn1.jpg

4adVeNh.jpg

Oh9gTYf.jpg

p0JPoQb.jpg

Anyone know a decent way to get some writing on scrolls and such? Tried with a very fine brush, just looked a mess, is it worth trying with a fine detail pen possibly?

I have a 0.2mm and I still find it a bit big for that :p Also it's black. Scroll work looks a little too...stark in black, it's much better in a really dark brown or off-black colour imo.

I'm in need of some new side cutters for cutting models off the sprue and wondered which ones people use? I like the look of the GW ones but they seem overpriced

I think I bought a Rolson precision side cutter/craft cutter last time, but I can't remember the exact name/model, iirc it was about £4, they're like this but in black.
I tend to use them and a razor saw for most of my sprue cutting needs.

I spent most of yesterday in our garage with my brother and a friend working on our big project, and when I say big, I mean about 6 (possibly 8?) full evenings so far for the three of us:) (although I'm not a great deal of help as i'm a very slow painter and at least an hour each session is spent chatting, or running around finding bits).
I'll probably post some pictures when we finish it which should with luck be after another session or two, as we're down to the last of the drybrushing, some final details and then the all important varnishing.
We did at least get most of the masking tape off it last week which means we're now seeing the progress.
As a little hint of what it is:
teaser.jpg

This, and a few other bits like it took me about 4-5 hours, I told you I was a slow painter:p (thankfully most of the rest of the project has been done with either an airbrush or much larger brushes than the "standard" brush).

One thing I will say, vallejo air metallics are awesome for painting on with a brush (although they do dry out fast, so only a drop or two on the palette at a time), I suspect I'll not be using GW metallics much now, especially given the comparative pricing (and drying in the pots*), and the logistical issues when you're using multiple ranges (we use Vallejo model colour, model air, game air, GW current and still have some GW old and very old).

Also the GW "project box" is pretty good for what it is, I picked one up and can see it getting a lot of use with my next project, and my brother is using his one to hold the vast number of GW pots we've been using/gone through on our project:)

P.S.
The quality of the painting by you guys is making me jealous :p

*I've been quite disappointed with how some GW paints seem to dry out in well sealed pots very fast (my brother has a couple that he bought 6 months ago and they dried out before he opened them).

Never had a pot go completely dry on me :s had a couple that have got a bit dry round the top, little clean up with a knife and as good as new!

Am having quite a lot of trouble with a pot of GW warplock bronze, first time I opened it, was a lot of greenish looking liquid, gave it a good shake. Fine for the first use, now it never mixes together properly, looks almost split.

Struggling with painting blood Angels terminators, the spray mephiston red seems very watery and doesn't sit to well without a good couple of coats, loving the new codex though, some of the unit costs are insane, got a 10 man squad of death company all on jump packs, I'm up to something like 400 points!!

my GW metallics I bought some lava beads to use as agitators. One in each pot and they're easy to mix up :)

The only one I've had dry up on me is my liquid green stuff :(

Back
Top Bottom