Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
They are absolutely wonderfully painted.

I'm six foot eight and have huge hands, so I've always found the Lord of the Rings models exceptionally small and difficult to paint, so I'm in even more awe of that.

and at 6'1 i suddenly feel short...

Thanks, I love the LotR models, it'll be a shame when they go :(

Soldato
Go? What do you mean?

With no more films to come it's unlikely Gw will renew the license next year, no license means they can't sell or produce models. They've already let around 50-75 different models go out of production as existing moulds have deteriorated.

I've been snapping up as many different models on eBay as I can but the prices keep going up and up as things get rarer!

Permabanned
Coming along nicely Nodiggidy123! Get youself a pot of Nuln Oil if you can, water it down just slightly and put it on anything that isn't a smooth surface, will help break down the red slightly and give some depth.

(if you cba to get some Nuln Oil, just water the hell out of some Abandon Black).

Commissario
Quick question recwatering down paint.

How thin should it be?

I fear my base coat on Dante went on a bit thick but it just didn't seem to cover otherwise

It varies a lot depending on the actual paint and it's existing thickness.
Basically it's often a case of experimenting until you find a thickness you like and works.

I used 1 part Vallejo thinner to 3 parts mephiston red which gave me a nice thin paint for airbrushing as an example (these days I tend to use airbrush thinner instead of water as I've got it around and it means the thinned paint doesn't lose it's "stick" as much)..

Caporegime
Quick question recwatering down paint.

How thin should it be?

I fear my base coat on Dante went on a bit thick but it just didn't seem to cover otherwise

several thin layers is always better than one thick layer. Basically unless you're doing something like yellow over a black base I'd try and thin enough that you need 2/3 layers to get good coverage.

Associate
As Shami said really. Another option I have started doing is using Vallejo Airbrush paints with my brushes and basically using airbrush thinner to thin everything else to airbrush paint thickness. Thick Milk is the target for me usually.

Back
Top Bottom