Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
Most of the head will be getting painted over soon, only a small amount of the blue osl will still be visible at the end just enough to give the eyes a little life.

Will also possibly tone down the blue glow on the weapons on the skitarii, although I quite like it :)

Soldato
WIP librarian from space hulk

3Xua5gDl.jpg

not 100% sure on the axe though, any thoughts on a better way to do the blade?

i just picked up space hulk last week as a new found addiction to board games and ive only got the models primed so far but i cant imagine getting anything like that as an end result, that very impressive.

i think ill focus on one model at a time and see how they improve as i go along.

Soldato
Just took delivery of my first models last week so going to find some time soon hopefully and make a start. Mate of mine is going to help me after his hols and give me some tips as he's being doing it for 10+ years or so.

I've dabbled before, but never had space for a proper setup. Figured now I have any amount of spare room in my house I should set up a nice station in a location with great natural light. This should help me get into it more.

I went for Tyranids to start with. Hopefully they are one of the easier ones to start on - they don't look too bad. Primary colour will be a dark blue, with bone and purple as the other 2 main colours. I didn't like them with bone as the main colour so wanted to do something I preferred and think will look cooler (when I'm good enough...)

Just have to remember not to get put off when my first attempts suck

Associate
WIP librarian from space hulk

not 100% sure on the axe though, any thoughts on a better way to do the blade?

First of all, it looks awesome.

Agree with others though, left side better with the brighter 'lighting' on the blade. I'd try play on that, more brilliant white, throw some purple in there with the blue to bring it out and maybe use a gloss varnish on the blade and matte over the rest?

Long time since i did any of this though!

Associate
Whatever happened to Necromunda?! I used to love playing that, could really add character to your gang and the games tended to be comparatively quick.

Associate
I've been slacking on the painting front this week...but this evening I've managed to make some Dante progress :)

Only the Jump pack to do now.

2z71j0k.jpg

Soldato
£17 for the new GW spray paint lol.

3.50 for new paints as well. Any justifiable reason for the price? Or just a cash grab

I'm not Games Workshops biggest fan by a long shot (other than lord of the rings it's been a few years since I bought anything at all from them) and the prices for the gold(tm) spray and gold (tm) paints is ridiculous, especially when the flesh paint is normal price but I'm actually quite interested in Warhammer: Second Coming:

http://blitzkriegbrushes.blogspot.co.uk/2015/07/warhammer-fantasy-fate-as-old-as-time.html

Caporegime
Games Workshop Boss 1: Guys Warhammer sales are down, what can we do to improve them?

Games Workshop Boss 2: Well Space Marines are popular, why don't we just stick them in Warhammer too!

Boss 1: Great Idea! This is why we are the market leader!

Boss 2: Let's knock off early for lunch and then maybe when we get back we can find some more ways to screw over our customers!.

Permabanned
£17 for the new GW spray paint lol.

3.50 for new paints as well. Any justifiable reason for the price? Or just a cash grab

Cash grab, at least for the spray cans. I'm getting the paints of online stores now days, so can get them for around £2 each, which isn't to bad I think.

Spray cans, just get anything from amazon! I'm using some £3 cans for my white, black and grey undercoats.

Permabanned
Games Workshop Boss 1: Guys Warhammer sales are down, what can we do to improve them?

Games Workshop Boss 2: Well Space Marines are popular, why don't we just stick them in Warhammer too!

Boss 1: Great Idea! This is why we are the market leader!

Boss 2: Let's knock off early for lunch and then maybe when we get back we can find some more ways to screw over our customers!.

It's pretty much the way things work there I am sure. For example, take the new codex releases. They buff to hell whatever wasn't selling so well.

Permabanned
So ... Age of Sigmar! Now I know this seems to be more of a painting thread (heck, I don't play, only paint anyway) but the new rules for fantasy seem ... awful.

The models however, look incredible and will probs be getting the starter set just for the models.

Associate
Yeah age of sigmar has killed off all my GW interest now. 40k was already pretty horrible to play and 8th edition fantasy sorted that for me. Now they have gutted it so I'll stick my Ogres up for sale tonight and that'll be me moved on totally. Only having a GW local means I don't have the option to play any other miniatures game. It's a shame but on the plus side it's gonna save me plenty money!

Back
Top Bottom