Tabletop Warhammer?

Associate
Here is me WIP Commander Dante

2nu80w3.jpg

I've never really tried the 'non-metallic-metal' method of painting, so I've been making it up as I go along!

I've found that by using a mixture of orange and yellow glaze, I can really pull the surrounding colours together. Purple wash was also used in places to give further depth.

Permabanned
@ Jonesiani - Looks awesome! Post an update when you've got around to doing the axe as well!

@ Tummy - If its battle reports you're looking for, here is the shortlist IMO (just youtube for each):

- SS82, English fella who does them. His armies look awesome and the battlereports are nicely done.
- WintersSEO Another english lad, his batreps are shorter as he doesn't show many rolls but some really nice reports and his armies look brilliant.
- Miniwargaming, canadians that post a new video every day. Some really good shows as well as campaigns that they also do. Lots of different armies here as they are doing it all professionally.
- Longwar, an american "rival" to miniwargaming. Not as good IMO, but they have some interesting battle reports with different lists of armies and such. They do have a bit of an embarrassing way of doing it all though as they are trying to be too "Cool" with it .. you'll understand with the first video you watch!

Caporegime
Best youtube channel imo is Painting Buddha. They offer a series of free step-by-steps on miniatures over a number of ranges (currently Mierce, Warhammer 40k - Ork, Forge World - Horus and a few others) then they have an academy for 42 euro that offers 1080p videos on Vimeo currently 42 videos of 7 step-by-steps with a further 7 to come. It's insane value and definitely the best thing to help improve your painting imo.

Associate
Does anyone here know how you would go about trying to get a miniture published in Warhammer Visions?

As I understand it, isn't 'Visions' an in-house thing? Do they display other people's work in there? (i.e. non GW-staffers)?

If they do, I would assume have a look in the front for a submissions email address and send them some examples?

Caporegime
That is looking good John, your painting has improved a lot! (Take that as a compliment rather than anything being bad about your painting before :p)

I like the axe, I'd only say perhaps increase the contrast slightly (although this could be the picture being at fault) some spots of pure white would make the lightning jump out more.

Back
Top Bottom