Tabletop Warhammer?

Caporegime
Email me over your address and I'll sort something out :)

This is a base coat of Scrofulous Brown (Vallejo Game Color), Armour Brown (Vallejo Model Air) and a little black (P3 Thamar Black in this case) Highlighted with the base mix and Ivory (Vallejo Model Color) and shaded with glazes of Armour Brown.

Permabanned
Watched the Painting Buhda with their NMM and I think it is well, well out of my skill range!

Will have to settle for actual metallic colours for now! Looking good though, can't wait to see more.

Associate
Need some advice:

I play blood angels and my most common game is against allied eldar and dark eldar lists.

The last 5 games i have yet to even come close to winning.

We only play casual but i'm really not enjoying playing against him, he is even one of these players who doesn't see how incredibly op the eldar codex is...

We play 2k point games, his lists seem to be well balanced using things like, the eldar hq that reduces players i and ws by 5 within 6" with incubi in some forgeworld reaver thing.

**** loads of wave serpents full of the d str flamers and tons of jet bikes with infantry squads with the gun platform.

I've tried full on assaults with sanguinary guard, assault marines and drop pods,

Full gunline armies using devastators, land speeders and sternguard

A balance to both gunline and assault

And even a flyer heavy army list.

We play maelstrom missions and even then i cant win on victory points.

I think i could win if i could just deal with the stupid d flamers but popping them out of wave serpents is a struggle to start with as they have the shields that pretty much ignore penetrating hits and then they are t6 just to add salt to the wound!.

Any surjestions as i am on the verge of rage quitting?.

Associate
I'm really struggling with the Blood Angels, Was on a massive losing streak, about 6 games I got whooped! Managed a good win in a 5k game against Daemons and CSM, Also managed two wins against Ultramarines and CSM last weekend.

I've tried all sorts of lists, drop pod spam, CC heavy, Lots of DC, Lots of meltacide...

Its ended up with me popping the BA away for the time being and moving onto other projects, The only thing that i found to really help was taking a Knight Paladin!

Caporegime
That looks incredible Sham! Really fantastic.

Finally sorted my 'Army list' out for my Ultramarines force, over 3'000 points in total and will be 'building' towards it over the next few months :).

I've got a lot to paint, but I've made a start at least, scrapped my basing idea too as it was too much effort to base models on the bases.

Associate
Need some advice:

I play blood angels and my most common game is against allied eldar and dark eldar lists.

The last 5 games i have yet to even come close to winning.

We only play casual but i'm really not enjoying playing against him, he is even one of these players who doesn't see how incredibly op the eldar codex is...

We play 2k point games, his lists seem to be well balanced using things like, the eldar hq that reduces players i and ws by 5 within 6" with incubi in some forgeworld reaver thing.

**** loads of wave serpents full of the d str flamers and tons of jet bikes with infantry squads with the gun platform.

I've tried full on assaults with sanguinary guard, assault marines and drop pods,

Full gunline armies using devastators, land speeders and sternguard

A balance to both gunline and assault

And even a flyer heavy army list.

We play maelstrom missions and even then i cant win on victory points.

I think i could win if i could just deal with the stupid d flamers but popping them out of wave serpents is a struggle to start with as they have the shields that pretty much ignore penetrating hits and then they are t6 just to add salt to the wound!.

Any surjestions as i am on the verge of rage quitting?.

I used to collect eldar and can tell you the most punishing feeling is been on the end of a venerable dred with two heavy flamers. I don't collect eldar since all the d weaponry but I think if I collected BA I would just run them as normal marines and take the sky hammer formation. It allows you to drop pod in with assault marines and then charge or bring down some devastators and rapid fire some idiots. The entire formation just is blood angels it should have been in there original codex.

Second option re roll to necron......

Permabanned
I played Fantasy but this Age of Sigmar rubbish is just awful

I hope they bring out a 9th Edition one day

Until then it will be 8th or Kings of War

There won't be a 9th edition. Warhammer Fantasy has stopped at 8th. Now its AoS time.

I've never played 40k or Warhammer Fantasy but had my first game of AoS with the starter box today with a mate who came over and I think its great fun and there seems to be plenty of balance within the starter set.

The old armies don't seem to fit as well and the lack of any balancing factors is a bit crap indeed... HOWEVER, if you play AoS with the new miniatures as a new table top game and not as 9th Edition WHFB you'll enjoy it.

Also, the miniatures look awesome! I've only primed my army so far, but loving how it looks.

FObAMNU.png

Associate
Amazing NMM there! Coming on a treat.

I've been painting my Stormcast Eternals over the weekend.

GW have released a couple of character models for the SE. They're a bit pricy though! One is £20 and the other £23!! Yep that £20 for one bloke!

Back
Top Bottom