Tabletop Warhammer?

Caporegime
Assuming this will change when they get a separate release from the current Agastus boxset? Let's hope it comes with the new Codex
To me the Agastus instructions look like you can build 2 sergeants, though even if you can, that'll be little consolation to people who already built a 1+9 combo rather than 2+8.

Caporegime
To me the Agastus instructions look like you can build 2 sergeants, though even if you can, that'll be little consolation to people who already built a 1+9 combo rather than 2+8.

Exactly that. You can but everyone will have gone 9+1 because they would have wanted to maximise the usefulness of them with leaders and strategems.

Soldato
I’m a sucker. Think I posted a while ago it was annoying the **** out of me rumbling about the drawer’s trying to find paint and my work area now looks like drug den.

Ordered some Kraken Black racks to try out after watching MS paints do a new hobby setup.

Dam you tubers and your product placement!!!

It clearly works.

Last edited:

Bar

Bar

Soldato
So the wife has decided she wants to learn to play 40K, I wasnt planning on playing, just enjoying painting the models, but cant pass up the opportunity. Ended up getting the Ultimate starter kit as she likes the looks of Tyranids and considering what you get in the box seems the best value for getting started. Also means I have a tonne more models to paint so lots of practice...

Soldato
So the wife has decided she wants to learn to play 40K, I wasnt planning on playing, just enjoying painting the models, but cant pass up the opportunity. Ended up getting the Ultimate starter kit as she likes the looks of Tyranids and considering what you get in the box seems the best value for getting started. Also means I have a tonne more models to paint so lots of practice...
Nids always looked awesome and the new models that just dropped are insane

Soldato
That reminds me I should really look to sell my leviathan box nids. Not really sure on a good price though.
I guess I could just find the equivalents on somewhere like Wayland games and knock a further 10% off or so

Last edited:
Soldato
Last batch I saw went on ebay for 45.

Cheers. I'll stick on FB locals for £50 and see what happens.

I could have saved myself so much time if I just got a yellow spray instead of doing these fists like I am. Mind you, not too late. Actually I've seen it and it doesn't look anything like the yellow I have despite mine also being an Averland equivalent

Last edited:

Bar

Bar

Soldato
Couple of quick questions for those who have painted quite a lot?

Wet Pallettes? Yes or No? and if yes, which ones?
Brushes - worth sticking with inexpensive ones from Amazon or is it worth going upscale - thinking Artis Opus or similar?

Soldato
Couple of quick questions for those who have painted quite a lot?

Wet Pallettes? Yes or No? and if yes, which ones?
Brushes - worth sticking with inexpensive ones from Amazon or is it worth going upscale - thinking Artis Opus or similar?

Forewarning, I am not anywhere near as good as people here.

I sometimes use a wet pallet, I use a lock&lock lid with kitchen roll and baking paper.

Brushes, I have cheap synthetics and artis opus ones, I destroyed my size 4 AO one very early on (but still use) by getting paint too high up. I recommend getting packs of cheap ones from somewhere like temu if you were just starting out, In fact, I tend to use those more than my good ones.

Reactions: Bar
Soldato
Used a self made wet palette using baking paper for years now, would never go back to dry. Make a gigantic difference.

Brushes, I’ve had a good set of Artis Opus, and they are good. Worth the money? Only if you’re vigilant with your brush care, otherwise they’ll soon get trashed. I still think cheap synths are the way to go. Even large synths will have a decent point for fine details until they start to wear out.

Reactions: Bar

Bar

Bar

Soldato
Thanks both - the only thing that bothers me with the cheaper brushes is getting a hook towards the end of the brush. Think I will stick with them and make a home made wet palette while I paint these nids and marines. Once Ive gotten better with the basics I might look to invest in a couple of better brushes.

Soldato
Yes love me a wet pallet. Green stuff world have one for around a tenner

Back
Top Bottom