Tabletop Warhammer?

Caporegime
So I will get a picture up shortly but im sure Im not alone in that feeling when you think you have painted all your small nids only to discover two of the little buggers who were hiding and still just their basecoat on :/

Chop chop

The fact you can miss finishing two entire models probably reinforces the point about not wasting time on minute details of horde armies though, the real impact comes from the collective effect of the colour scheme on so many models.

Reactions: Bar

Bar

Bar

Soldato
Chop chop

The fact you can miss finishing two entire models probably reinforces the point about not wasting time on minute details of horde armies though, the real impact comes from the collective effect of the colour scheme on so many models.
I know, I know - but these are the ones the wife wanted ;)

Soldato
Got my very first game on WH40k on Saturday, using my Blood Angels (no idea against what). Any got any tips? My list is:

BA (970 Points)

Space Marines
Blood Angels
Sons of Sanguinius
Incursion (1000 Points)

CHARACTERS

Librarian in Terminator Armour (110 Points)
• Warlord
• 1x Force weapon
1x Smite
• Enhancements: Artisan of War

OTHER DATASHEETS

Land Raider Crusader (255 Points)
• 1x Armoured tracks
2x Hurricane bolter
1x Twin assault cannon

Terminator Assault Squad (200 Points)
• 1x Assault Terminator Sergeant
• 1x Storm Shield
1x Thunder hammer
• 4x Assault Terminator
• 4x Storm Shield
4x Thunder hammer

• 1x Twin lightning claws
• 4x Assault Terminator
• 2x Storm Shield
2x Thunder hammer
2x Twin lightning claws

Terminator Squad (205 Points)
• 1x Terminator Sergeant
• 1x Power weapon
1x Storm bolter
• 4x Terminator
• 1x Assault cannon
2x Chainfist
2x Power fist
3x Storm bolter

Commissario
Just saw that one of the guys in the local Titanicus group was at a tourney in a doubles.

An Iconoclast did a Chernobyl, and in the process took out 7 other titans.

Sort of beats the time I was playing and we had some Titan dominos when the Warlord fell on the Warhound, who IIRC fell on some knights. Titans when they get taken out can be very very funny, and as dangerous to their own side as the enemy ever was.

Soldato
Just saw that one of the guys in the local Titanicus group was at a tourney in a doubles.

An Iconoclast did a Chernobyl, and in the process took out 7 other titans.

Sort of beats the time I was playing and we had some Titan dominos when the Warlord fell on the Warhound, who IIRC fell on some knights. Titans when they get taken out can be very very funny, and as dangerous to their own side as the enemy ever was.
Yeah it's fun when your own warlord decides to obliterate your own knights, never happens to the opponent though, might be me though lol.
Hopefully when the new epic is released they include this mechanic, they used to have it in epic 2nd edition.

On another note can anyone recommend some good side cutters that don't blunt on the second source!?

Last edited:
Commissario
I'd be surprised if they don't have something similar, IIRC when my brother, I and a couple of friends were talking to one of the game designers for Titanicus way back when it was first released I got the very distinct impression that whilst it definitely wasn't official GW policy, the Titanicus designers were definitely thinking about how with Titanicus and "additional" games they could reintroduce something like Epic and were keeping it in mind with the rules.
I think that's one of the reasons they changed the sizing, the original Epic stuff was to no real scale* but Titanicus and AI were very definitely done to a scale that could work with the "crunchy" bits like tanks and troops.

Re the clippers, I use some Xuron ones that a friend recommended and they seem to have kept pretty sharp and are much better than the marginally cheaper ones I was using before (Rolson**), although I haven't used them heavily as I've barely had a chance to do much model stuff for the last~5 years :(

*There were some laughable size differences (IIRC some bits were massively out of scale with others).

**I still use those for things like sprue trimming.

Sgarrista
Commissario
Spent the day recess shading and carefully dry brushing the high points without wanting to go overboard.

Am happy where its at now, the darkest points match the orange of my normal units, but the gold stands out so he should be absolutely resplendent on the battlefield.

IMG_20231001_182531.jpg IMG_20231001_182554.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bar
Soldato
Say what you want about PTF but assembling a Chaos Havoc and I bloody wish they had pegs and holes! My most hated thing is when you have to fit an arm which has a recess bit on to a completely flush join on the torso.

Soldato
Thanks! He’s actually a DA Azzy, doing a commission. I don’t normally paint green, and my usual power swords are bright blue, but tried to go for a more reflective steel look here.

Associate
Thanks! He’s actually a DA Azzy, doing a commission. I don’t normally paint green, and my usual power swords are bright blue, but tried to go for a more reflective steel look here.

What’s your green recipe it’s lovely?

Whole model is great but I want to steal that

Soldato
Y'all ever start painting something and think FML? The amount of trim on these is causing me issues lol. Also I really struggle on the small edges, sometimes I think sod it I'll just do the front facing trim and not worry about the microscopic edges.

Last edited:
Soldato
TAMIYA 300074123 - Diagonal Cutter. Discounted at the moment if you know where to look ;)
Or better still... DSPIAE ST-A Single Blade Nipper

Will have a butchers, Cheers, my old cheap ones just drive me to frustration.

Edit. Went with tamiya, 10 quid cheaper.

Last edited:

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Say what you want about PTF but assembling a Chaos Havoc and I bloody wish they had pegs and holes! My most hated thing is when you have to fit an arm which has a recess bit on to a completely flush join on the torso.

I'm just about to start my Havocs as I've finally my terminators (more or less...).

Raz

Raz

Soldato
Got my very first game on WH40k on Saturday, using my Blood Angels (no idea against what). Any got any tips? My list is:

BA (970 Points)

Space Marines
Blood Angels
Sons of Sanguinius
Incursion (1000 Points)

CHARACTERS

Librarian in Terminator Armour (110 Points)
• Warlord
• 1x Force weapon
1x Smite
• Enhancements: Artisan of War

OTHER DATASHEETS

Land Raider Crusader (255 Points)
• 1x Armoured tracks
2x Hurricane bolter
1x Twin assault cannon

• 1x Storm Shield