Tabletop Warhammer?

Finished my void dragon main body today. Am struggling to decide how to finish the rest of him off (wings and tail).

Do I go for a dark near black set of extras so the "gold" of the main body really stands out at the center piece, or continue the same scheme...

IMG_20231012_222249.jpg

IMG_20231012_222308.jpg

IMG_20231012_222313.jpg

Probably also going to re do his face icon thingy to add a black to green fade on it.

Last edited:
had a feeling Army painter would hit back with a new range of normal paints.

Their warair is amazing and was hoping they would work on their normal range. Can’t wait to see this range land on more YouTubers tables to see the finish and how way they stack up against Vallejo/2TC/pro Arcyl/3g. Hopefully similar.

They normally offer fantastic value with their box sets.

Latest view of the four I have been working on.

The one of the left was the first model and the one on the right is the latest work in progress - these have been done over a week or so but still very much finding my feet again. Im also playing around with colour schemes as well as trying to improve quality.

Close up of first model:

Close up of second model:

Close up of third model:

Close up of work in progress fourth model:

Feedback appreciated. Im using citadel and vallejo paints but I dont think I am getting the amount of water right when diluting them down. Washes are going ok, but my outlining needs some serious work. Also, using purple seems to be a major pain the proverbial.
Looks to me like you are doing really well, I have just down the rabbithole and bought The Age Of Sigmar Extremis starter set.

I am no stranger to painting models but I have watched a lot of Warhipsters videos on Youtube which has really helped me a lot.

Only another 28 minis left to assemble & I really hate the push fit minis, I would rather glue them together.

Cheers all

Another 4 - 6 hours to call him finished I think. Armour needs some touching up, purity seals need detailing, gold on his helmet needs toning down, yada yada yada
As a young teen I loved Dark Angels, I've been thinking of giving 40K a try, just dunno which faction, I like look of CSM, World Eaters, Votann and Eldar especially with those new plastic striking scorpions

Last edited:
Having an absolute nightmare finishing my void dragon. Just got his tail blade left to do and for some absolutely insane reason just cant get the color transition right.

Made some good progress on my termites.
Gold trim done and washed, I had to paint the shoulder pads black because I actually thought they were green and actually I do like the contrast of them being black.
Next is to basecoat the weapons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Raz
Made some good progress on my termites.
Gold trim done and washed, I had to paint the shoulder pads black because I actually thought they were green and actually I do like the contrast of them being black.
Next is to basecoat the weapons.

Looking good!

Had any more games?

Looking good!

Had any more games?

Shiftyeyes.emoji

Noooo. Really please with these salamanders. I got a colourforge 'zenethil' kit which was black, dark angels green, and salamanders green. Can't see in pic but it has those shade transitions I'm not skilled enough to do with a brush. This Method works for me on marines I think.

Back
Top Bottom