Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Those Termies are looking great, and yes the black shoulder pads adds a lovely contrast to the green, good idea. Working on a squad of Blood Angel Assault Termies I found in a box this weekend next (genuinely didn’t know I had them haha), but fully finished Azzy. Pretty incremental since last time I posted here but it was a detailing pass over. Purity seals, robe trim, he also has a completely unnecessary set of rosary beads hanging off his belt :D

Soldato
Trying to do a little bit each night just to keep the momentum. Even if it's just the smallest of things it still is progress.
Ain tonight was to just base coat all of the weapons metallic however, I ended up doing two coats and also starting on the red coat, although I have to do a second or more on all of them.
I have done some of the eyes but I have to tidy some up because I found it really hard with a size zero brush. I am not going to be able to add any more detail to the eyes because I don't have the motor skills for it. However, I think it looks decent enough once I've tidied up a few of those splodges.
Still got that how to powerswords saved bu I just know mine will look poo as I never got the glzing/blending technique nailed. I suspect I'll settle for 'good enough'. Not sure if I will even bother with edge highlighting etc because I think they look pretty decent already and just got to do the wax seal things and the bases I leave pretty plain.

Sod it I was in the zone. Is this basically what I do with edge highlighting? I can see why it's good to do on something like the dreadnought because there are so many flat panels. Please don't judge me on the neatness of it. I know I'm not very good but I'm more looking for am I highlighting the right bits? And do you think that colour works?

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, that’s how edge highlighting works, and yea you’re doing it right. If you want a brighter highlight for corners/hard edges, mix some yellow in with your top green highlight to make it pop, rather than just white.

Soldato
Yes, that’s how edge highlighting works, and yea you’re doing it right. If you want a brighter highlight for corners/hard edges, mix some yellow in with your top green highlight to make it pop, rather than just white.

Should I change the highlight colour depending on how light the panel is? The legs are darker green so not sure if that would look odd with the same bright green edge

Soldato
No, I’d use the base colour as your edge highlight on parts which are shaded darker.

Playing about with undoubtedly the coolest chaos model GW ever made tonight:

This is a pretty old paint job of mine (couple of years) which I’m finishing off to send to the guy who bought Lazarus too, as a sorry for how long it took :D

Sgarrista
Commissario
Got some side by side of mine to one of the gw box art painters.

I think I prefer mine even if the technical detail isnt as good!

IMG_20231028_112530.jpg

IMG_20231028_112526.jpg

IMG_20231028_112512.jpg

IMG_20231028_112507.jpg

IMG_20231028_112439.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
About that...are you still playing or working your way through green coloured factions?

Seems that way... It's ok though, different greens. Plus I'll probably do all my deathguard different.

Tried a magma effect on sword, didn't really look anything like the example but meh, good enough.

Reactions: Raz
Caporegime
Spent a few evenings this week smashing through the indomitus box necrons that I hadn't touched yet - a very easy and satisfying army to paint. I'll get some photos up tomorrow once the bases are sufficiently dry, really pleased with how they've come out for low effort painting.

Soldato
Thanks. Yeah I might try do something with it.
Just added the gold to all the weapons and washed. Second coat on the paper things and sepia washed.
Really all I need to do is the wax seals, edge highlight and do something with the bases. I really have no interest in basing. Might not even bother.

Some people dont even paint theirs so happy with the stage those are at. Assembled the rest of the leviathan set, gave the infernus marines away so will need to replace with something else. Not like lacking in choice.

Last edited:

Raz

Raz

Soldato
I know what you mean, I've still got most of the Leviathan miniatures to build. I'm keeping the infernus marines and the chaplain for when I get round to doing blood angels but the rest have gone to my son who has a Black Templars army. Using the tyranids to try something different too.

Soldato
I would love some of the Leviathan models, particularly the terminator armour guys and the Ballistus or w/e it’s called. But can’t justify the cost considering lack of cyclone launcher :(

Raz

Raz

Soldato
I don't mind them actually, but I know I won't get round to using them or painting them for a good few years lol.

I've also got the librarian in Terminator Armour which you can have - my son's taken the Terminator Squad but BTs can't use librarians.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom