Tabletop Warhammer?

In that case mine is very small, until later this week..

Haha photos of the pile of shame!

I've slowly been working through mine, left unbuilt for me:

Ork Kommandos from Kill Team Octarius
Half ork Combat Patrol box

And I think that's it!

My plan for getting everything painted in time for my game in January is looking like a fail already, have spent way too long on a single Meganob practicing some techniques ready for when I do Ghazkull :o

Haha photos of the pile of shame!

I've slowly been working through mine, left unbuilt for me:

Ork Kommandos from Kill Team Octarius
Half ork Combat Patrol box

And I think that's it!

My plan for getting everything painted in time for my game in January is looking like a fail already, have spent way too long on a single Meganob practicing some techniques ready for when I do Ghazkull :o

Ignoring the partially assembled stuff due to waiting for magnets or need to prime/paint in subs.

Well, in terms of my SM's it's just...

Chaos wise after I sold the DG stuff:

I am not really bothered about the chaos stuff atm as I have been playing/learning the game as the SM's, I want to get comfortable with the rules and one army before I get a second going.
Indecisiveness has been my biggest downfall tbh, I keep changing my mind and I get weird like I think oh I want to paint these as fists but thematically I am playing like Iron Hands, so maybe I should buy more paints just in case, and so it goes on. I appreciate the colour matters not :D

Last edited:
Ignoring the partially assembled stuff due to waiting for magnets or need to prime/paint in subs.

Well, in terms of my SM's it's just...

Chaos wise after I sold the DG stuff:

I am not really bothered about the chaos stuff atm as I have been playing/learning the game as the SM's, I want to get comfortable with the rules and one army before I get a second going.
Indecisiveness has been my biggest downfall tbh, I keep changing my mind and I get weird like I think oh I want to paint these as fists but thematically I am playing like Iron Hands, so maybe I should buy more paints just in case, and so it goes on. I appreciate the colour matters not :D

Don't get me started on paint addiction :o

That's my real issue rather than plastic, I actually had a count over the weekend and I have over 140 Citadel pots :eek:

My problem is I watch a painting tutorial while on lunch at work for a model I haven't even built yet, then pop past my FLGS with a list of paints and grab them because why not, then before I get round to painting anything i've got watched another dozen paint tutorials and have another list of paints to go and get :cry:

Don't get me started on paint addiction :o

That's my real issue rather than plastic, I actually had a count over the weekend and I have over 140 Citadel pots :eek:

My problem is I watch a painting tutorial while on lunch at work for a model I haven't even built yet, then pop past my FLGS with a list of paints and grab them because why not, then before I get round to painting anything i've got watched another dozen paint tutorials and have another list of paints to go and get :cry:

100% the same, literally just done this for fists and iron hands! I hear you, my paint addiction is disgusting, I buy so many 'just in case', I haven't done stock take for a while but the TTC rack is 60 to start, I think the stand I have h olds about 70 citadel ones and I have another tub with them too. A few cameos by scalecolour and GSW too. I really like the coloured metallics, can see that range expanding.
Also dice, need chapter specific dice, this is why I rolled so bad in my last game, using chaos dice with SM's..

On a plus with the paint stuff, when I watch a new tutorial, high chance I already have the paints needed (or equivalent) :D

Last edited:
100% the same, literally just done this for fists and iron hands! I hear you, my paint addiction is disgusting, I buy so many 'just in case', I haven't done stock take for a while but the TTC rack is 60 to start, I think the stand I have h olds about 70 citadel ones and I have another tub with them too. A few cameos by scalecolour and GSW too. I really like the coloured metallics, can see that range expanding.
Also dice, need chapter specific dice, this is why I rolled so bad in my last game, using chaos dice with SM's..

On a plus with the paint stuff, when I watch a new tutorial, high chance I already have the paints needed (or equivalent) :D

I got an app called PaintRack on iOS (Think it's on android too) to avoid me double buying paints, really works well!

I started collection Orks in 8th or 9th Edition, at the height of the 30 man blobs of boyz with unstoppable green tide, so decided just to get 100 x 12mm Blue dice (Blues is da lucky wunz!) as rolling attacks for 30 boys in melee would have taken too long and cost too much with official ork dice :cry:

I got an app called PaintRack on iOS (Think it's on android too) to avoid me double buying paints, really works well!

I started collection Orks in 8th or 9th Edition, at the height of the 30 man blobs of boyz with unstoppable green tide, so decided just to get 100 x 12mm Blue dice (Blues is da lucky wunz!) as rolling attacks for 30 boys in melee would have taken too long and cost too much with official ork dice :cry:

I hear you. I've actually just purchased more dice for fists and iron Hands from my favourite place.

This shop stocks them as well but not all, works out same price: https://www.mighty-minis-uk.com/Baron_of_Dice/cat8022654_337938.aspx

I hear you. I've actually just purchased more dice for fists and iron Hands from my favourite place.

This shop stocks them as well but not all, works out same price: https://www.mighty-minis-uk.com/Baron_of_Dice/cat8022654_337938.aspx

I DON'T NEED SOMETHING ELSE TO SPEND MONEY ON IN THIS HOBBY SPACE PLEASE AND THANK YOU! :p :cry:

Pile of shame :mad:

PXL-20231218-141519609-RAW-01-COVER-2.jpg

Last edited:
Guys going to recommend some bank breaking must have Hobby tools!!

Decent pair of reverse tweezers!! mine was 3 quid!!!!

If you paint in paint in sub assembles. Airbrush crocodile clips and blue tack lol

My pile of fame is still fairly hefty, but I dub it that way because I do actually have a general plan for my armies I'm working towards, and part the reason my own pile is so hefty is a decent chunk of the time I've had in recent months was spent helping build my wife's models, as her army was undoubtedly fiddlier than my own, plus we were both building 2 multi-thousand point armies each.

My Space Marines I'd say are actually probably 75% done in build, albeit I'm waiting for the rumoured Deathwing box, and a few other Dark Angels bits early in 2024, and my 'nids are probably 50%, on the basis I have a decent amount to build there, plus some of the larger models (Norn Emissary for example).

I don't really call them a pile of shame though, as I've not bought and built things with no purpose, and the pile is being worked on, nothing has been there for a crazy length of time given the size of the armies we are building, as we started from fresh come 10th edition, with a few old models being rescued from the past for my own army (hooray for biostrip and family lofts, and Tyranid genetics).

Very similar to the colour scheme I'm going for - wraithbone flesh, tallasar blue armour, black hooves and blades, and flesh teared red for highlights.

Plan is to zenithal the wraithbone primer over brown to give impression of shadow.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom