Tabletop Warhammer?

Very tempted
IMG-0181.jpg

Black Talons assembled tonight the cloaks have not been glued on yet as they will be painted first then added after the rest of the figures have been painted.

I will get some primer airbrushed on them tomorrow.

Cheers All
Love this set and I'm very tempted even if I still have a metric ton to build and paint. Wasn't long ago I bought the original Neave Blacktalon and then they bring out an upgraded one. :D

I still can't decide if I like them adding the moulded swamp bases. I know it's them specific but I'm not going to base the rest of mine in swamps.

So plot twist. My Christmas box se (Astra Militarum) took ages to arrive so I complained. Long story short, they also sent me the same box set but as individual items too. I now have 40 guardsmen, 2 command squads and 4 Rogal Dorns :p will likely sell 2 Dorns to fund some sentinels.

Hey Guys

Popped into my local hardware store this afternoon, for some odd reason they had a small Warhammer stand.

Everything was 30% off not much was left but I did manage to pick up a Space Marines Tactical Squad for £21.

More stuff to add to the ever growing pile ;)

Cheers All

Last edited:
I picked up a handful of different Speedpaint 2.0 today and gave them all a go.

Wow!!!! They actually blew me away with how much better than the citadel contrasts they are.

The consistancy, the way they behave, the coverage, its all just so predicable and stable.

Think im going to treat myself to a box of the full set.

Wow!!!! They actually blew me away with how much better than the citadel contrasts they are.

The consistancy, the way they behave, the coverage, its all just so predicable and stable.

Which brand and colour of primer did you apply them onto ?

Cheers All

I had the full box set in my hand at the gaming shop quickly set it down but it was seriously impressive. Armypainter are bringing the heat. I can’t wait for proper reviews of their new Fantic line. What I really like is their naming on the new labels. With me being colour blind it’s fantastic that they have paint name and the colour and colour hue all on the label.

Nice outcome :)

Took a look in my lidl, no ultrasound cleaner here unfortunately!
I’ve been playing around with mine. Find the best results is just straight IPA into the tank and dunk the models.

Disclaimer- I’m pretty sure what I’m doing is a fire hazard!!

Last edited:
Hi, I have been busy clearing down the to do list. one squad off 2kpoints for my black templars. pretty happy with that within the year.
just doing some odd Necron bits now as well as a couple of kill teams.

Sword Brethren
8hCg4NR.jpg

Assault Intercessor Squad
HjvC6rw.jpg

Chaplain
9MMOtyP.jpg

Castellan
yN1x9JY.jpg

Chaplain on Bike
nqsY0Rl.jpg

Outriders
9QYcnbk.jpg

Gladiator Lancer
HdSojfh.jpg

6lcgwZZ.jpg

Necrons - Illuminor Szeras
sHtBZQR.jpg

GHSSYMl.jpg

Ah yeah I'm looking in the SM codex and got confused as their detachment rules are in the book, but I failed to notice the units weren't lol. I don't see templars on the codex roadmap either, odd.

Last edited:
IMG-0184.jpg

Hey guys the Krondys base just needs the rim painting black, then on to painting the huge dragon.

He should keep me busy over the holiday season too.

Hope you all have a great Christmas :)

Cheers All

Warhammer Fantasy models are imo so much better than the 40k stuff. Sod painting them though lol.
Just done with 3 contrast paints on AK Interactive grey micro filler primer, basiilicanum grey, wyldwood & aggaros dunes.

AK Interactive muddy brown texture paint, then all drybrushed with tyrant skull.

Dead easy to do ;)

Warhammer Fantasy models are imo so much better than the 40k stuff. Sod painting them though lol.
I never really took to the Age of Sigmar stuff for the most part but i'm really looking forward to more updated armies being released for The Old World

Back
Top Bottom