Tabletop Warhammer?

Soldato
Thanks, photo as always make it look terrible, like the still green bits of the tracks but for tabletop it is fine. Big fan of the muted bronze from TTC (Spartan Bronze) as well which is on the rails.

Got annihilated on my test game, though tbf I was playing someone else's army who had no transports that DG really need so I couldn't get close to the objectives very fast. The 4" movement on battleline troops gets old quick. PBC was fun though as were the Msomething-BLight-Haulers as they are quite well kitted out.

Think Id prefer 1000pt games, was a bit frazzled after 3+ hours.

Last edited:
Associate
<SNIP>

Any thoughts on brushes as seen so much mixed feedback there?
I've had a set of the Army Painter "Wargamer" brushes for doing general painting/washes/metallics and they've lasted me a good amount of time with some care. For more detailed work I was gifted a set of Artis Opus Series S which are very nice quality, though they aren't cheap so they get extra care taken of them.

I'm also pretty old school with my technique and use a lot of drybrushing, for that i've just got a set of makeup brushes which do a great job.

Associate
GW have made some crazy decisions over the years, but moving their list builder app behind a paywall has to rate as one of the worse.
What apps are you guys using that are 10th edition compatible?

Soldato
Finally got round to (near enough) finishing the Ork Kommandos from the Kill Team Octarius box over the weekend. In the process remembered I hadn't done the unit marking transfers for the Veteran Guardsmen / Death Korps, so that's on the list for this week.

Primarily painted with Speed Paints (v1) and then added to with a few regular acrylics, including a green wash on the skin. First time trying one of the 'Base Ready' products from Geek Gaming Scenics (in this case 'Desert Sand and Stone') and pretty happy with it, though I think some of the other mixes I chose for other armies will be even better, as they're a bit more distinct than looking mostly like sand.

z6yP9sO.jpg

qJ5wEtb.jpg

zUTXuuI.jpg

I'm tempted to go over the Guardsmen again with a light all over wash to 'grim dark' them down a bit.

Associate
I've had a set of the Army Painter "Wargamer" brushes for doing general painting/washes/metallics and they've lasted me a good amount of time with some care. For more detailed work I was gifted a set of Artis Opus Series S which are very nice quality, though they aren't cheap so they get extra care taken of them.

I'm also pretty old school with my technique and use a lot of drybrushing, for that i've just got a set of makeup brushes which do a great job.
Do not leave them sat in water for long periods.
The handle part of the brush is wooden on the army painter brushes.
So it soaks up all the water.
So when you fall asleep painting your minis you wake up to a brand new brush that has swollen and split along its entire length.

Back
Top Bottom