Tamzzy's back to air-cooling ITX build

Man of Honour
OP
so i just had a look...my original computer in 2012:
3570k, 8gb ram, z77e-itx, radeon 7950, 256gb sammy 830, 1tb hdd, 120mm aio cooler, 650w gold psu, bitfenix prodigy = £1300

in 7 years to a 3700x, 32gb ram, 1080ti, 2x 960gb nvme ssd, +cooler+psu+case for ~£1650 (and with the added complication of the £/$ tanking)
not too shabby i'd say...

Soldato
Next to nothing blob in the centre, and also used my 7 year old mx-2 lol.
Will do the spreading method when going to mount it properly. For now, it'll do.
Your temps should level out hopefully - from advised application.

LOL - and 7 year old MX 2? - You had an 8g tube of MX 4 in one pic (tight b*st*rd :D)

Man of Honour
OP
LOL - and 7 year old MX 2? - You had an 8g tube of MX 4 in one pic (tight b*st*rd :D)
not gonna waste my new mx4 on an application that will be removed in the next week or so lol...
and yesh, the mx2 was from my very first build :D

Soldato
@tamzzy that fan!!!! shall forever be... a god among fans !!!

two options if you dont mind CLC/AIO.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £76.69 (includes shipping: £8.70)

Total: £90.68 (includes shipping: £8.70)

spoke a while with alpha- in theory with the right fan - 300 TDP ( watts of cooling )

or

Total: £78.65 (includes shipping: £8.70)

though not sure if it'll work with your GPU sizing ?

23.jpg

HDPLEX did a case, 26mm shorter but guessing this is due to the Silverstone fascia

https://www.hdplex.com/hdplex-h5-fanless-computer-case.html

aorus might be a bit thick though...

H5 378.5mm x 353.5 vs RVZ 382mm x 364mm

Soldato
@tamzzy rotate 90 degrees with exhaust facing the ram - JUST ! chassis needs to be cut to allow cables to bulge out

atx 305mm x 244mm - if i can recall .

do see your point with Alumin version ! quality does appear to be 100% greater

Soldato
@orbitalwalsh those AIOs won't fit, needs a slimline rad with a slimline fan

240mm rad won't fit unless with single slot gpu

83mm is max clearance - 25mm rad +12mm fan + 30mm CPU = 67mm. Tubes are on the side of the unit. Yes you'd need to do Custom loop with the eisbaer but your able to. Think you could actually do push pull with noctua 12mm fans with 4mm clearance haha

sticky tap- glue- new hole and mount somehow - i'll figure it out... somehow..

Soldato

and mount somehow
I found this the more disconcerting - he really loves his cases.

have a feeling might need a friend to 3d print new fascia - the two think strips the house USB and power buttons eat away at the max Depth of the case :(
Is there not another case that will fit the brief without essentially constructing a new one in the process? :p

I have £20 of OcUK vouchers - i'll gift them to you so you can put them towards a more suitable case. I was going to get you some Mother Care vouchers/codes for when the third nipper was born but i think your wife would probably prefer a solution to this before the baby arrives :D

I can see you spending £120+ and coming away with remnants of a case wrapped in duck tape in one hand and an ATX board in the other. I'm not questioning your skills/experience - more concerned about, 'understandably', overlooking something on an unfamiliar case.

*But, at the same time - i really want you to attempt it - if you achieve it, it will be a really enjoyable build log (trouble is, it has great entertainment potential even if you don't :D)

/so conflicted...

Back
Top Bottom