Terraria - Dig, fight, explore, build

Soldato
I had a couple of days keeping up but I think Reeve and Mouldy have a bit more play time than me (and us 3 more than a few others) :D

Someone feel free to finish the extended bases back wall (take stone to the heavy workbench to make stone slab) if not I should get it done this evening :)

Associate
I'm interested in playing again, managed to get very far into hard mode (but didn't clear all it's content). Also setup several worlds to play for LANs with hidden gear stashes and a huge tower to fight bosses / defend against raids. Which sadly never happened, so I have a substantial hoard of obscure gear sets. I may hop on the server and bring something interesting with me, depending on the progression level you are up to... If that's OK!

Soldato
RIP my ADSL... :(

How am I going to dig dirt blocks, with no internet!!!?

BTW: Thanks for all the charity work, giving me a fighting chance to survive.
The wooden armour, iron pickaxe, and 100hp was making life difficult...

Last edited:
Soldato
RIP my ADSL... :(

How am I going to dig dirt blocks, with no internet!!!?

BTW: Thanks for all the charity work, giving me a fighting chance to survive.
The wooden armour, iron pickaxe, and 100hp was making life difficult...

There's a legendary titanium sword in one of the chests that you can have too if you manage to get back on :D (Time for FTTC!)

I got something err.....better :p

EDIT: Reeve we managed to default skele prime in the end, we're all speedy minecart bros!

Last edited:
Associate
thanks for the hand merc, bios and mouldy! slowly getting addicted to this again haha, its so fun!

I was laughing so hard when i headed over to you guys killing twins and jumped onto the rails, i don't know why but the circuit cracked me up haha

I still cannot decide whether i want to be melee, caster or ranged :( :(

Associate
I think i might actually like palladium armour more than titanium as well, the increased life regen when attacking enemies is amazing! would i be a fool to downgrade back to palladium?

EDIT: It looks like i want to sway towards guns.. i'll pick up a minishark later on and stick with palladium/titanium for now.

I wanna work towards frost armor so need to find a ice biome or something!

Last edited:
Soldato
I think i might actually like palladium armour more than titanium as well, the increased life regen when attacking enemies is amazing! would i be a fool to downgrade back to palladium?

EDIT: It looks like i want to sway towards guns.. i'll pick up a minishark later on and stick with palladium/titanium for now.

I wanna work towards frost armor so need to find a ice biome or something!

I have palladium as my backup armour but I think titanium is better overall so I haven't bothered to use it in a while. You also get a not so insignificant increase in defence using titanium.

Ice biome is to the east, if you're lucky you will see an enemy firing a laser beam at you, these are the enemies you need to kill to obtain the materials for frost armour.

Soldato
Me and Mouldy are rocking the turtle armor now :D

Need to kill the plantera boss before we can go any further i think, which i think gives us access to the golem which drops beetle husks so we can make beetle armor.

I've made a staging area for the jungle temple with a giant hole going down to it too by the way...for when we get to that point.

Caporegime
I'm going to have a bit of a moan, despite the fact that's it's going to make me unpopular.

The server was advertised for new chars only. There were people, including myself, who hadn't played 1.2 or 1.3 who wanted to play on a fresh server and start from scratch.

It would have been nice to gear up at a normal pace, seeing all the content, and not skipping anything.

FT, you then went back on that and let people bring chars from other worlds, who already had most/all the gear they wanted from those worlds up to 1.2 end game stuff.

Now those people aren't interested in taking things slow, and what happened is that all the bosses were killed double quick time with really overpowered gear.

Not done with any malice, but the people who had already done 1.2 just wanted to rush through to the end game as quick as possible. Letting people bring existing, geared chars just accelerated that.

I now don't feel like playing anymore, because all the end game bosses are done by chars using gear from other servers, and I've missed all of it, despite playing as often as I could.

So yeah, that's my moan. If you say "new chars only" please mean that in future.

Soldato
Me and Reeve did the plantera and golem bosses last night and explored the dungeon, we haven't got any items beyond where we've all been at. We can still go back and do plantera and golem again as they're easily summoned.

I think I'm the only one who started with anything considered not a new character and i only came with pre-hardmode stuff at the shadow/demonite level which you were all just getting to as i started, we're all far beyond that now.

I've dropped behind myself a few time and had to catch up it's just the nature of the game as we can't really wait for all of us to be on before we choose to do any progression (You said yourself that you, merc and reeve tried plantera yesterday, so it's not like you waited for me then either, then me and reeve killed it after you'd gone last night)

I don't think anyone is currently using any gear from other servers? Certainly not since we've got into hardmode anyway.

There's still loads left to do too, plantera and golem are pretty easy and small compared to what's left to come :)

On another note, i've made some solar tablets, so we can summon the solar eclipse and try and get some more broken hero swords too (We specifically saved an excalibur + nights edge ready for you)

Last edited:
Caporegime
That's not right. We didn't try it yesterday. I didn't say that. Your attempt with Reeve was the first. This morning three of us attempted it and failed miserably.

I've said all I'm going to say.

Soldato
I don't really understand the problem when we can just go back and do it again, just like we did with the mechanical bosses? You've not lost any of the game play, i don't mind even putting on the same armor to keep the challenge up if need be. I'm sure reeve would agree?

Man of Honour
The server has moved at a slow rate and yes, Bios joined with items at the same level as everyone else when he started playing. People are going to play through at a different rate and you can't please everyone. I don't see a problem personally. With previous servers all of the content would have been completed long before now - I've actually been impressed with how restrained people have been.

Soldato
The weapons we were/are using are acquired at that point in the game. I only got my terra blade last night as I me and bios were lucky enough to see 2 broken hero swords drop from a solar eclipse, same as how bios acquired his terra blade originally. Despite what you might think we did kill the boss with just the two of us using those weapons.

Our performance this morning at the boss could be down to any number of factors, I know I wasn't using a regen, swiftness or the damage resistance potion I was using last time and the arena was different.The bosses health definitely scales with more players and from my experience the damage also scales, although sometimes im not sure if I just use that as an excuse where I completely suck :p

Caporegime
I don't really understand the problem

Perhaps I didn't explain it very well. Bear in mind this isn't a dig at you or Reeve, as you seem like decent people to me.

Basically it boils down to this. You two know all about this game, and have already both beaten 1.2 previously. Myself and the others (not sure about Merc) have not, I believe.

You guys are doing all the "heavy lifting" and progression stuff. The rest of us are being dragged along at your pace. The fact that the chests are always stuffed with end game loot doesn't make it a good idea to take it. Because getting stuff like that is deeply unsatisfying. Merc didn't want to take the Titi armour for the same reason, and now I know exactly how he felt.

Perhaps I should have played single player first? At least that way I could have had some satisfaction in beating the content and seeing it due to my own hard work not somebody else's.

It probably sounds ungrateful, but it really is hard just to be a passenger. I guess that's why I normally solo in MMOs. Don't like to be that guy who gets all his stuff handed to him.

Man of Honour
I can understand this latest post of yours a bit better :)

I guess in future it would be worth specifying the difference between new characters and new players when setting this kind of thing up?

Caporegime
I can understand this latest post of yours a bit better :)

I guess in future it would be worth specifying the difference between new characters and new players when setting this kind of thing up?

Yeah, I guess. I don't know if that means you'd consider making a "newb server" or if you just mean you're going to manage expectations for new players, however ;)

It's hard to please everybody, as you said.

At the end of the day this game is more fun with other people, but if you're the only newb and everyone else is racing to the end then it can be demoralising.

Man of Honour
I think it'd have to depend on demand really. There probably wouldn't be much point setting up a new player only server if there's only one person playing it but I'd certainly ask and give people the option.

Back
Top Bottom